Rides placed a half height higher than normal

Okay this is pretty much a game breaking glitch.

When placing flat rides, the rides are placed a half height higher than they should be. This means they can't be connected to paths at ground level. Also paths that are started from the entrance huts are unable to line up with the ground.

I am playing on dev build 3f9c545.

DefinitelyNotLapper's 2016-08-16 14-04-43.png

Notice the gap between the enterprise's supports and its base. The exit path is built starting from the exit hut, while the entrance path is built from the ground. They are unable to line up.

I mean I like being able to place things at half heights but I had it as more of an option in mind.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, YoloSweggLord said:

This means they can't be connected to paths at ground level. Also paths that are started from the entrance huts are unable to line up with the ground.

Oh, they can be. The entrance has to be the same height as the path, but the entrance doesn't have to connect with the platform (it doesn't even have to be on an adjacent tile). Still an annoying glitch, but if you for some reason wanted a ride placed at half height, it can be made to work.

Paths can be placed at half height, but two paths must meet at the same height to properly connect. If you use half height paths anywhere, you effectively have to use them everywhere if you want peeps to be able to use them. I prefer to keep the paths normal and just elevate the ride, if needed. I don't do this often; it's a pain in the ass because entrances can't be moved away from the station platform using the existing cheats, so you have to manually tweak the map data to do it.

I experimented with that, and I noticed that while the peeps can traverse the gap, the AI still considers the paths disconnected - so peeps already on the path will walk across it, but no more peeps will take the junction because they think it's a dead end. I didn't experiment long with it, but that seemed to be the conclusion - as soon as a step was introduced, the number of peeps taking the junction would drop to nearly zero and after a few minutes the cut of portion of the park would be deserted.

There are still some use cases though - you could put these on a ride exit path without issue, because guests do not have to take a junction to end up on that path.