New Pacifica

Culbrelai

So here's my first park (that's worthy of showing) in OpenRCT2. Nowhere near done obviously. It's max size 254x254. Beach with large 'ocean', mountain and hills in the back of the park with plains in between. I hope to fill it all eventually although it'll probably be like year 50 or 100 by the time I do lol.

I'm also pretty crappy with scenery (trying to get better building outbuildings and things but I'm not very creative with that)

First roller coaster built in the park. All of my coasters seem to be around 2 minutes in length. I know rides over 4 minutes guests get angry. How long are your roller coasters (time). I feel like mine are too short -_-

E4hEyKk.jpg

Second one, the Time Demon. Not too happy with that intensity rating. Although, I've never seen "Very High" across the board before. Anyone ever get "Extreme" or "Ultra-Extreme" in nausea before? Personally have never seen those.

TLeXCxP.jpg

Third coaster built. Much more happy with the way this one came out. It's a real money maker, constantly full. It's a stand up twister. Named due to the loop in the center looking like a heart.

lmbNLa9.jpg

Overview of the park so far.

Kind of stuck, don't know what else to build tbh. Thinking of making a plaza of some sort at that 4 way intersection. I have also noticed, to my suprise, that guests seem to do better with triple wide paths than my usual double wides. Nobody getting lost so far.

lSN5skU.jpg

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Here's a new overview of the park.

kWrr1rb.jpg

New dinosaur/jungle themed area with three of the most compact roller coasters I have ever made, a dualing Velociraptor steeplechase and a "stampeding herd" stand up coaster.

x3ZAbAR.jpg

Seaplane coaster also in the jungle themed area, reminds me of indiana jones ("Get the plane up!") so I threw it in the jungle area.

RhJ4TLH.jpg

Finally, my efforts at making a longer coaster succeeded, almost 4 minutes long Q_q. Also fancy building surrounding the station. (see overview for whole ride)

2U4igCf.jpg

• Like 2

I like your park. Although a lot of the park seems boring due to overusage of individual scenery pieces or it seems messy due to random placement of various items, I think it is very well made. Tracks are nicely done and some are actually quite compact which is really hard to do, besides that is that the stations look well cared for.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2016 at 16:49, Wuis said:

I like your park. Although a lot of the park seems boring due to overusage of individual scenery pieces or it seems messy due to random placement of various items, I think it is very well made. Tracks are nicely done and some are actually quite compact which is really hard to do, besides that is that the stations look well cared for.

Which scenery peices? I try not to do that. The trees I place in the scenario editor are all one type yeah, mostly because I am too lazy to switch it up lol. Most of them will end up getting replaced when I build over them with rides/scenery/theming anyway. I also tend to go for the 'crowded' (not exactly the right word) look, or the compact look, because I personally LOVED the way the "Blackpool Pleasure Beach" scenario looked in RCT1 Deluxe. I loved everything about it and every park I make is trying to replicate how epic that one was to me. 

I love constructive criticism, though, thanks.

Here's a new overview 5 years later.

Only 78 rides and one side of the park is sort of full (Gotta figure out what to do with that central-park-like space in the middle near Two of Hearts though)

04rHTt7.jpg

Mine themed area that's not completely done yet. I usually return to themed areas of my parks after some time to add more to them after I get new ideas. This is one of those times. Also note the skyscraper-esque buildings in the southwest, it's my new monorail station, pretty happy with how it came out, I will probably reuse that design.

DI4T2KL.jpg

Snowy themed area with my bobsled coaster. Fairly happy with it. I was a little lacking on the snow themed scenery though. Planning on adding a chairlift here that goes up the main mountain later. (the largest mountain on the map, see overview)
TkAXwk6.jpg

Medieval themed area, I originally just did this coaster (the grey one) for fun sort of brainstorming and I did not think it would be rideable ("Ultra-extreme" intensity for sure I thought) but it ended up being perfectly usable. Pretty happy with it as well. Will probably add more scenery/buildings around it as soon as I figure out what to do with it. I seem to do the best with Twister coasters, you'll see a lot of them in this park by the end lol. I like how flexible they are.

vfNKMlX.jpg

Ghost train ride in the building in the previous screenshot. I will probably add something else to the roof later as well, perhaps another monorail going somehwere else.

MJdoBWM.jpg

And my most recent coaster, was going for "Extreme" excitement, nearly there. Will add more scenery and perhaps water to try to bump it those few points up. I forget who made this coaster, (it's non-standard but it uses giga coaster track pieces, no loops, etc, only difference I can see is it's unique train models).  Roman scenery is my favorite. (see overview for bigger picture)
fY3yOkc.jpg

Edited by Culbrelai
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is the most exciting coaster I've ever made. It might be a function of being a custom coaster type though (B&M Wing Coaster, forget who made it, sorry but you know who you are =P)

New Pacifica is going well =P charging $10 a pop for rides on this monster lol

opuWPJB.jpg

21 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

The B&M wing coaster will give 12% higher excitement than a B&M sitdown with the same stats, but it also has much higher friction. Without this effect the excitement would be about 10.5, which is still very high.

Well, thank you for making my coaster building skill appear better than it actually is xD seriously you make great rides, have you ever tried making any flat rides?

Flat rides are very limited compared to tracked rides - almost everything is hardcoded. The biggest limitations are the small base sizes - most flat rides will not fit in the space, and some of the flat rides included in the game are far smaller than they should be (e.g the top spin and roto-drop). The other severe limitation is that you can't change the animation sequence, and there are very few provided by the game - and where a suitable animation does exist it often doesn't have enough frames for what you want to do. That's not to say there aren't any flat rides that could be done well, but I don't think there's enough of them to justify adding support for flat rides to my program.

I would like to see a revamped object format that would treat flat rides and shops as seperate object types and make them more flexible, with the base size and animation sequence in the DAT file rather than hardcoded, but that's a long way off. For now, I build flat rides out of hacked tracked rides with bits and pieces made invisible. It's awkward and the result often doesn't look great, but if you want a ride in the right proportions it's often the only option at the moment.

Edited by X7123M3-256