Where to place custom scenarios/tracks/etc.?

Hi!

I am on a GNU/Linux machine, recently installed OpenRCT2 but I have not idea where to place custom tracks, scenarios and other “custom” files to make them show up in OpenRCT2.

I also noticed that when saving a track design from the track window, it always opens my system window and points to my home dir (instead of the correct one) every time, which is very annoying.

I have searched the GitHub wiki and the forums but I found nothing. I found .config/OpenRCT2 in my home directory but it doesn't seem to do what I expected it to do.

3 minutes ago, simaticable said:

You have to put them in the main RCT2 directories not the OpenRCT2 ones.

No.

`scenario` and `track` don't exist by default, because they are empty. If you try to save any of these using in-game tools, they will get created.

The correct path is ~/.config/OpenRCT2/track and ~/.config/OpenRCT2/scenario

Edited by janisozaur
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Excellent work guys with OpenRCT2. Really appreciate the work you guys have done.

I have a slight problem, a newbie here lol. I downloaded the RCT1 scenario pack but can't for the life of me find the  ~/.config/OpenRCT2/track and ~/.config/OpenRCT2/scenario path.

Do I have to press ctrl and something on my keyboard to paste this in? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick replies but I'm confused, where can I find .config/openrct2? I'm on Windows 10. I have all the scenarios, just don't know where to put them or how to put them in this .config thing because I can't find it, do I search in my C drive for something specific? Thanks again.