Monorail - Make better!

I always have the same problem when it comes to the Monorail: all trains start at the same spot. If you have 4 trains they are all behind each other.

It is very annoying especially if you have a large park and peeps keep leaving the Monorail Queue, so the monorail loses a lot of its practicability.

What would be helpful is (I know it is done in RCT3) starting each monorail train at a different station.

With a good setup, there should be equal wait on all stations

If this is possible, when do you think the relevant update will be in place? Or do I have to wait for the full game (OpenRCT being finished)?

• Like 1

A solution:

1 - Open ride in the test mode - that will separate the trains

2 - After train has made a complete circuit look and see what the total time is for one full revolution.

3 - Divide that total time by the number of trains you have running (you don't always need the max number of trains running to be semi-realistic)

4 - Set the minimum time to that figure and also set check "Leave if another train enters the station." and leave/uncheck Max time.

5 - Close the ride and select the construction button (This will stop the trains from running otherwise the trains won't stop)

6 - Start the ride in the test mode again and run until the first train has returned to station 1. (Your trains should be spread out semi-evenly)

7 - Open the ride so your riders can ride.

NOTE: Sometimes you have to play with #4 timer a little.

Spreading out the stations so they are approx the same distance apart will help.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, CharlieP said:

4 - Set the minimum time to that figure and also set check "Leave if another train enters the station." and leave/uncheck Max time.

This kind of seems like the way Disneyland handles their Railroad.

Also, these tips could work for all full circuit transport rides (Including say a Mine Train coaster like in Leafy Lake)

I make a lot of duelling coasters out of one coaster (that is, one coaster with two stations). It would be very helpful to have the trains evenly distributed directly when opening the ride (both with and without block sections). There are other solutions available in case of block sectioned rides, but those are not to be discussed in this topic.

12 hours ago, CharlieP said:

5 - Close the ride and select the construction button (This will stop the trains from running otherwise the trains won't stop)

Just click close twice. This step can even be skipped entirely, just make sure at least one train makes a complete loop.

This procedure works for ANY ride with multiple train (NOT coasters that are blocked though).

@jensj12 The solution for your racers is almost the same principal.

Let's say you have 4 trains and 2 side-by-side stations.

1 - Follow the same procedures as above but divide the time by 2 not 4.

2 - Let the first 2 trains start, but before the first train reaches the second station, check the box for synchronizing stations.

3 - The third train will wait for the first train to reach station 2, then 1 & 3 will start together.

Edited by CharlieP
  • Like 1