A few ideas to forget the Vanilla completely...

FredD

OpenRCT2 is great! But there are a few things that I'd like to suggest...

- Zero clearancing water & land without destroying objects/path/rides etc that has already been built. I know the zero clearance function now allows you to build under water, but for some things it's more handful to build something before and then raise the water. Same thing with the land, sometimes you just have to lower or raise land near or under build scenery and it isn't handful when the build scenery is gone.

- Chain lift hill function. With 8cars you can paint any piece of track and make it function like a chain lift. This allows you to make Skycoasters, Eurofighters and so much more. It would be handful if OpenRCT2 could do the trick as well, so we don't need to go to the vanilla version anymore.

About the clearance: this is definitely something that needs to be changed. So far it allows walls to stay when changing the land height, which is especially useful for diagonal landscapes.

The chain lift is something I've been thinking about too, and I was thinking of always having the chain lift button there (when having set a cheat) while building a track. That way you don't have to mess with individual parts and such after the ride has been built, but you change it while building the ride. This has yet to be discussed with the other developers.