Expansion packs

I've gotten rct2 when I was really young, but sadly I "only" got the base game. Now, many years later I am still don't bought the expansions. I really know that they aren't that great, but it really annoys me when I open a park I downloaded only to see that it don't works because it was build with the expansions. So I want to buy the expansions, is there any way to "upgrade" your existing game? Also I fear that I maybe have to redownload open rct2?

It might be helpful to remove your old RCT2 installation (or rename it in case your still have save data there). OpenRCT2 will then automatically search in common install locations. You can also manually point it to the new install location by editing the config file.

• Like 1

On the other hand, although the expansionpacks didn't bring a lot of extra's, there are a few nice things in those packs. Also...some custom scenarios from NED-Designs also used the expansionpacks, you don't have to buy them, but some things are nice. Besides...most newcomers buy the game as a complete pack, and it's only a few euro's/dollars more...

I bought them the moment they came out and I liked them, but that was in the days I never heard of custom scenery 🤣

• Like 1