"Invalid Download" issue from Launcher

LtToad

Hi folks,

I recently changed some security settings on my Windows machine (Windows 10), and ever since doing so I get an error from the game launcher that just says "Invalid Download." The game can launch fine, but when it does I can see the "Update Available" banner on the main menu. I really liked using the launcher to keep the game up to date automatically.

I've whitelisted the game and the launcher in my firewall settings (created new rules for inbound and outbound settings for both the game and launcher) and added it to the list of programs that are allowed to communicate through the firewall. Is there anything else I should be checking? Or is this maybe not even firewall related? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! I don't know if this will help you, however I did see the same thing when I attempted to solve a different issue and figured I'd share. Try opening OpenRCT2 Launcher, then instead of clicking "Play" click "Options" and make sure that you have "Develop" selected. 

I apologize in advance if this doesn't help (I'm not the most technologically savvy person) however it could be worth a try :) 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 203211.png

• Like 1

This was happening because the build artifacts from the last release have been replaced, causing the launcher to think it wasn't the right one. Also note that the launcher you're using is not being maintained.

I'd suggest using the launcher by IntelOrca instead. This launcher downloads the builds directly from GitHub, where the project is being developed. You can find the launcher here: https://github.com/IntelOrca/OpenLauncher/releases

• Like 1