Greetings and a question regarding etiquette

Hi.

I learned of OpenRCT2 this past New Years-ish: I'd been thinking about maybe revisiting RCT/2 ... I've got both games stored in my digital archive but, wow, I've discovered that OpenRCT2 offers a whole lot more!

So, this past almost-year I've been fooling around, re-playing scenarios, refining my CoasterJitsu, etc., as I have found time; now, I've finally decided to join the discussion community.

The etiquette question concerns my desire to post/link a video depicting an Elevator-Lift & Switch-Track Mine Train with fully-functioning Block Sections (thanks in part to oli414's Advanced Track plug-in): I've got the video on Google Drive; should I simply Link that; can/should I directly upload it here to this site (6min/311MB); am I correct in thinking that I should post it in "Custom Content"?

Some pointers would be grand.

Thanks, and thanks to the entire OpenRCT2 team.

Typhoon

• Like 1

For best availability, any link that allows playing the video without downloading (such as youtube, which also embeds the video properly here). I don't know how google drive or uploads are handled. Both the parks and custom content board is fine, as there isn't really a well-defined board for track designs (maybe the topic 'show off your track designs').

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

For this, it seems to me that the best place for 'this' is right here.

I've no intention of spamming 'my coasters' or 'my parks' but it occurs to me that some folks might appreciate a little insight into my OpenRCT2 'biography'.

Linked is a Google Drive video depicting my first-ever 'stab' at designing a performance-oriented coaster: wow, January 2022; tempus fugit ...

Not perfect but, um, she's fast ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OgnzrN3a0DjpKip6XJrj_v2i42wWX83Q/view?usp=sharing

Yes, video is from only a few months ago, but I've been enjoying this coaster for almost a year ...

Typhoon

14 hours ago, RollerCoasterTyphoon said:

For this, it seems to me that the best place for 'this' is right here.

I've no intention of spamming 'my coasters' or 'my parks' but it occurs to me that some folks might appreciate a little insight into my OpenRCT2 'biography'.

Linked is a Google Drive video depicting my first-ever 'stab' at designing a performance-oriented coaster: wow, January 2022; tempus fugit ...

Not perfect but, um, she's fast ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OgnzrN3a0DjpKip6XJrj_v2i42wWX83Q/view?usp=sharing

Yes, video is from only a few months ago, but I've been enjoying this coaster for almost a year ...

Typhoon

You should upload your works, i like them!

• 5 months later...

I've revised this coaster: here's a link to the revision, at RCTgo; most of my better, 'normal', designs will eventually be made available there; 'hacky' stuff, like my Elevator-Lift-and-Double-Switchtrack Mine Train will remain things that I would present only here.

https://rctgo.com/downloads/view/its-just-totally-loopy.22938

Yeah, I'm RollerCoasterTyphoon there, too.

I'd originally wanted !TL to be "honest" (properly Block-Sectioned): I've abandoned that ambition; this revision supplies the seamless thoughput this coaster should.

Cheers!

Typhoon