switch to completely hide water

First off, thank you so much for OpenRCT2! This is pretty much the greatest thing happening to my gaming life ever, and keeps memories from close to 20 years alive.

There's one feature request (not as in "demand", but as in "oh boy would I be happy if that were added") I'd like to voice: A switch to completely hide water, as is already possible with land via "Hide Base Land". It can become really tricky to build stuff underground if it is under water as well. I have resorted to "click counting" in the past, because visibility in this case is very poor.

Since transparent water already exists, I'm hoping for this to be not too difficult to implement: Just make the transparency 100%…

Is this something that would be seen as a valid feature request on github?

• Like 1

Have you tried using the cut-away tool? That allows you to select an area and maximum height at which objects will be drawn. Setting the height below the water level should make it invisible.

11 hours ago, chewey said:

Is this something that would be seen as a valid feature request on github?

Yes, this is something that could be added to the transparency window.

14 hours ago, jensj12 said:

Have you tried using the cut-away tool? That allows you to select an area and maximum height at which objects will be drawn. Setting the height below the water level should make it invisible.

Oh… Oh! OooOoH! - Thank you!

I've never considered this use of the cut-away tool, because… well… water is obviously deep, isn't it, so you would just see deeper parts of it. But yeah, it totally makes sense for the water rendering to just be a surface.

This still leaves "lots of water on different levels" a case better solved by a global water hiding switch. I'll bring that up as a feature request.

Thanks again, you've kind of revolutionised my underwater building already!

Edited by chewey
typo
  • Like 1