Game won't load.

What am I doing wrong?  First it took forever to download and get past my virus checker.  Then once I did and opened it the game would overflow and sprites would duplicate and stick to the screen.  Backgrounds would be black and it would be unplayable. 

This is super frustrating and my computer is top of the line tons of memory and space.   The only thing I can think of is that my steam version still isn't' compatible ..

This is normal if your OpenRCT2 installation isn't properly installed and likely happened because you installed the latest OpenRCT2 over an older version of OpenRCT2, whose object files are incompatible. First uninstall, then reinstall OpenRCT2 and it should be good to go (you don't need to delete your documents folder with scenarios and saves etc).

• Like 1

That is correct. There’s a new save format with a new extension, which is why you don’t see them when saving. You can still load your older saves and continue play with them, but they’ll save to the new format. (Note that you’re saving to the autosave directory there)

• Like 1