Extract game files from retail CD on Linux Mint

46 minutes ago, zaxcav said:

Ok. This command should extract all of the files from the CD:

unshield -d "/home/owner/programs/rct2ww" x "/media/owner/RCT2_WW_EU/data1.hdr"

Once that's done post a list of the extracted files so we can help advise you how to merge them with the RCT base install as Gymnasiast advised above.

Awesome, thanks that extracted something this time.

On the left is the base game folder, and on the right is the wacky worlds expansion.

I believe Gymnasiast said I have to add the files with the same names together?

EDIT: I think I did it! I copied the stuff from the three folders and pasted it into the corresponding folders in the base game. Thank you so much! I think I will leave the rct1 install for another time, it's taken me 3 days to get this installed. Man that was a challenge.

rct210.png

Edited by Eric23
1 hour ago, Eric23 said:

Awesome, thanks that extracted something this time.

On the left is the base game folder, and on the right is the wacky worlds expansion.

I believe Gymnasiast said I have to add the files with the same names together?

EDIT: I think I did it! I copied the stuff from the three folders and pasted it into the corresponding folders in the base game. Thank you so much! I think I will leave the rct1 install for another time, it's taken me 3 days to get this installed. Man that was a challenge.

That sounds like you did it right. 🥳

Glad we could help.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zaxcav said:

That sounds like you did it right. 🥳

Glad we could help.

The nostalgia is great! I love it!

Shame the ride music isn't working though. I guess the music files didn't come across. So maybe I didn't do it quite right. All the other games sounds seem to be there though. 

20 hours ago, Eric23 said:

The nostalgia is great! I love it!

Shame the ride music isn't working though. I guess the music files didn't come across. So maybe I didn't do it quite right. All the other games sounds seem to be there though. 

Per the wiki, the following files are for the music and should be in your RCT2 folder in the Data folder:

• Optional: CSS3.DAT - CSS9.DAT, CSS11.DAT - CSS15.DAT and CSS18.DAT - CSS46.DAT (music styles)
  • Optional: CSS17.DAT (title screen music)
  • Optional: CSS17.DAT from RCT1, renamed to CSS50.DAT, which enables you to have the RCT1 title screen music.

Based on your screen shots, you can look for these files in /home/owner/programs/rct2/Minimum/Data

1 hour ago, zaxcav said:

Per the wiki, the following files are for the music and should be in your RCT2 folder in the Data folder:

• Optional: CSS3.DAT - CSS9.DAT, CSS11.DAT - CSS15.DAT and CSS18.DAT - CSS46.DAT (music styles)
  • Optional: CSS17.DAT (title screen music)
  • Optional: CSS17.DAT from RCT1, renamed to CSS50.DAT, which enables you to have the RCT1 title screen music.

Based on your screen shots, you can look for these files in /home/owner/programs/rct2/Minimum/Data

Thanks for the very helpful info, Those files don't seem to be there. I extracted the main game again into a new folder and I still can't seem to find them.

I'm wondering if I should try installing the disks with wine again instead. I have a feeling I will be able to point Openrct2 at the wine folder now I don't have the broken version of Openrct2.

What do you recommend?

EDIT: I installed the base game via wine and found a heap of audio files, more than listed above. I copied them all over and it seems to have fixed it. I have no idea why unshield didn't extract them. The only audio file unshield extracted was CSS2.DAT.

Anyway it seems to be good now, though I haven't fully tested everything, but the dodgems has its iconic beats now at least. :)

Thanks once again!

Edited by Eric23
23 hours ago, Eric23 said:

EDIT: I installed the base game via wine and found a heap of audio files, more than listed above. I copied them all over and it seems to have fixed it. I have no idea why unshield didn't extract them. The only audio file unshield extracted was CSS2.DAT.

Anyway it seems to be good now, though I haven't fully tested everything, but the dodgems has its iconic beats now at least. :)

Thanks once again!

It's possible the sound files are not included in "Minimum" file group in your CD version and can be found in one of the other folders. But that's just a guess.

The important thing is you got them.

There's another post in the forums about music missing from the game that might interest you:

• Like 1