Train suddenly loses all speed in the middle of a helix

Savegame is attached.

For some reason, cars on my mini coaster suddenly instantly slow down from 30 km/h to 3km/h in the middle of the track. It only happens occasionally, most cars just keep their normal speed, but whenever one car is in the helix and the next one on the same tile on the track above it, both cars lose their speed instantly.

For some reason, I can't save screenshots anymore so I can't show it, but if you open the savefile, go to the coaster named "Pixie Dance" and follow Car 4, you can see it happen to both car 4 and car 3, when car 4 passes over car 3. It happens within a few seconds after the point where I saved it.

The cars behind don't have enough speed to cause a crash when they crash into the stalled cars, but I had something similar happen with a bobsleigh once that did crash because of this bug.

I started this game in an older version of OpenRCT2, but I've updated to the newest release and the problem persists.

1860287693_GravityGardens.sv6

Edited by FrankD

It's an old bug that I reported back in 2016: #3830

You may want to post a proper screenshot there to give it some more attention. It feels like it may have gotten worse if it also happens to simple helices.

Edited by jensj12
I also seriously wonder how you got Hunting Swallow in such a broken state
6 hours ago, jensj12 said:

It's an old bug that I reported back in 2016: #3830

You may want to post a proper screenshot there to give it some more attention. It feels like it may have gotten worse if it also happens to simple helices.

Unfortunately, the screenshot functionality doesn't seem to work anymore. No screenshots are created in the screenshot folder under the main directory.

And yeah, Hunting Swallow behaves weirdly. I assume you refer to the weird pileup of cars at the chainlift.

Edited by FrankD