All Tracks Duplicated In Game

Hello,

Since updating to 0.3.3, I have had an issue where in game, all the default tracks for every ride type is duplicated. There is only one of each track file in the folder ProgramFiles(x86)/OpenRCT2/Tracks. I have tried replacing the folder with a copy from a fresh installation of the game but the issue persists. I did not have this issue before downloading 0.3.3. I cannot delete the duplicate tracks from the in-game Track Manager because of write protection on the files.

I have copied the original data of RCT2 from the Triple Thrill Pack disk nested within the same folder as OpenRCT2.

It isn't game-breaking but it is somewhat annoying. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

double tracks.png

double tracks 2.png

Edited by Soqumai
7 hours ago, Gymnasiast said:

Can you turn on Debugging Tools? There is a toggle for it in the Options window. It should show you the location of every track file.

Thank you for your reply! OpenRCT2 is amazing and you guys are doing great work.

I turned on Debugging Tools and I can see the file path for scenarios show up at the bottom of the window, but I do not see file paths when going through ride tracks. Is there a specific command that shows you the file paths of the tracks or am I missing something?

I wound up doing a fresh install of OpenRCT 0.3.3 in a different folder and I don't experience the same problem. If you want me to keep troubleshooting what could be causing the double tracks for bug-fixing purposes I would be happy to contribute, but just reinstalling the game fixed the issue.

It might have been caused by having OpenRCT2 in the same folder as your RCT2 files. I don’t expect that you investigating this further would bring up any surprises, so you don’t to bother, just enjoy the game. 🙂

I did add the display of track files paths, but I think that was after the 0.3.3 release, which would explain why that didn’t work for you.

• Informative 1
On 28/05/2021 at 04:43, Gymnasiast said:

It might have been caused by having OpenRCT2 in the same folder as your RCT2 files. I don’t expect that you investigating this further would bring up any surprises, so you don’t to bother, just enjoy the game. 🙂

I did add the display of track files paths, but I think that was after the 0.3.3 release, which would explain why that didn’t work for you.

Understood, that makes sense. Thank you!

I want to give a shout-out to Marcel Vos for bringing me back to OpenRCT2. I played RCT and RCT2 in the early 2000's as a kid and I found out about OpenRCT2 in 2015 back when it was version 0.0.2 (I think I first saw OpenRCT2 played by Vinesauce Joel for a twitch-integrated live stream, so props to him too). I saw Marcel's videos suggested in YouTube and when I saw how far along the development of OpenRCT2 had come, I felt compelled to return.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Soqumai
  • Like 1