OpenRCT2 And RCT2

i was wondering, do i NEED RCT2 to be able to run RCT2 of is it just recommended, because i have like NO money right now (spent it all on buying a green Teletubby costume (don't ask)) and with the demo, since i have unlimited usage of it, whats the difference, because i wont need to buy RCT2 if i can get it free with the demo, so basically all im asking is: do i need RCT2 to play OpenRCT2 and why cant i just use the demo of OpenRCT2 since i dont need RCT2 for it if your a mod please respond to this!!

13 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

There is none. OpenRCT2 requires the RCT2 assets to run, it doesn't matter whether you get them from the demo version or the full version.

so i can get the demo (which has the RCT2 files on them so i dont need to buy RCT2 by my understanding) and then have access to OpenRCT2 or do i need RCT2 to run both demo and OpenRCT2?

Edited by Athrixx
1 hour ago, Athrixx said:

so i can get the demo (which has the RCT2 files on them so i dont need to buy RCT2 by my understanding) and then have access to OpenRCT2 or do i need RCT2 to run both demo and OpenRCT2?

You can run OpenRCT2 using the demo version. There is no difference between the demo and the full version if you are using OpenRCT2, because OpenRCT2 only requires the assets and ignores the executable (which is the only thing that differs).

There is another demo out there that is missing assets, but the one on this site is not, as far as I'm aware.

Edited by X7123M3-256
6 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You can run OpenRCT2 using the demo version. There is no difference between the demo and the full version if you are using OpenRCT2, because OpenRCT2 only requires the assets and ignores the executable (which is the only thing that differs).

There is another demo out there that is missing assets, but the one on this site is not, as far as I'm aware.

so, just to clarify, i can play OpenRCT2 Demo without RCT2, then why do i need to get OpenRCT2 if i can just get it without spending money on RCT2?

2 hours ago, Athrixx said:

so, just to clarify, i can play OpenRCT2 Demo without RCT2, then why do i need to get OpenRCT2 if i can just get it without spending money on RCT2?

Huh? If you want to play OpenRCT2, then you obviously need to get OpenRCT2. In order for OpenRCT2 to work, you also need to have the game assets - which can be obtained from either the full game or the demo version. There's no such thing as "OpenRCT2 demo".

13 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Huh? If you want to play OpenRCT2, then you obviously need to get OpenRCT2. In order for OpenRCT2 to work, you also need to have the game assets - which can be obtained from either the full game or the demo version. There's no such thing as "OpenRCT2 demo".

Oh, so i can get openRCT2 if i download the RCT2 demo which you guys unlocked the full game for so i wont have to spend any money? (sorry i thoughts the demo was an OpenRCT2 demo because OpenRCT2 made it free full access)

Edited by Athrixx