Additional View Angles

In RTC1 and 2 we are currently limited to 4 isometric view angles . Is it possible, assuming the graphics were available, to add in the in between angles? This would create an additional 4 directions 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315. For coasters at lease some of the tracks might be usable as there is already 45 tracks in game.  I know this is a long way off but I came across the topic below, and instead of having someone create a one shot image for higher resolution graphics it might be worth while to use a free voxel editor like (https://goxel.xyz/ or https://www.voxedit.io and create a 3d version that can be rendered out in any multiple angles.The creation of the voxles could be crowed sourced. We would just need to have an a agreed standard (grid size), sprite structure, hit list and some type of rendered to verify all the parts will work together.

While it's not technically impossible it would be a massively complex change to implement and would only be possible once the OpenGraphics project is completed as the base game simply doesn't have the sprites required in many cases. This would also make the game incompatible with the original graphics set and objects made for the original game, and for that reason I think it's very unlikely to happen.

Edited by X7123M3-256

Is this because the sv4, sv6 formats save the tile and/or sprite data inside the file itself? Just curious because as long as we kept the 1:1 mapping then i would not think it would be too difficult to export the save as an older format.

I also noticed that with the OpenGraphics project OpenRTC2 is going with blender models. I guess that would be another way to do it.

Thanks for the additional info

5 hours ago, mkruer said:

Is this because the sv4, sv6 formats save the tile and/or sprite data inside the file itself? Just curious because as long as we kept the 1:1 mapping then i would not think it would be too difficult to export the save as an older format.

No, they don't save the sprites inside the SV6 file. I don't know if this requires the new save format (I'd guess it probably does just because of how much it would change - there's bound to be somewhere that assumes only 4 view angles), but that's not what I'm talking about.

The original graphics set does not have sprites for 8 angles of most objects. Ride vehicles it does, but pretty much everything else doesn't. So this would require an OpenGraphics set, and would not be compatible objects or graphics made for vanilla RCT2. I think this would prevent it from being merged, because compatibility with parks made for the original is something they want to maintain.