RTC2 Triple Thrill & Deluxe Question

I have the Triple Thrill game (for myself) and it works with OpenRTC2. My question is, will the Deluxe game work as well, AND, is it the same as the Triple Thrill version? I'm trying to get a copy on Steam for my son so we can play together, but I want to make sure we both have the same games. The Deluxe is cheaper on Steam than the Triple Thrill, so I want to make sure I get what I'm paying for.

Thanks!

It's not the same, no. RCT Deluxe is to RCT1 what Triple Thrill Pack is to RCT2: the game bundled with the expansions. You cannot substitute one for another.

OpenRCT2 needs Triple Thrill Pack. Optionally, you can also _add_ RCT Deluxe to improve OpenRCT2 with some extra features.

Edit: note that you don't strictly need Triple Thrill Pack. The disc versions of RCT2+WW+TT will also work. The same applies to RCT1: RCT1+Loopy Landscapes will work just as well as RCT Deluxe.

Edited by Gymnasiast
  • 11 months later...

Not sure this is the right thread... I've played RCT for countless hours but I've only just downloaded Openrct2. I currently have RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack installed and able to run but when I try to launch Openrct it says It needs files from original RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 in order to work. I can't seem to figure out the right file to click so I can't get it to work :( If anyone has any tips to get me started on this timeless journey I'd greatly appreciate it! TIA

Screenshot (3).png

Edited by guesswho
wrong picture attached