Game won't launch anymore in my MacOS

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the game - it simply doesn't start: after clicking 'play' in the launcher, nothing happens. This is going on for few weeks at least, even months (if I remember correctly). It just simply stopped working one day, and didn't worked since. 

The reason I waited so long until posting here is that it actually happened once, long time ago, and after a while it started working again, I believe it's thanks to the auto update in the launcher, so I waited in hope that it'll be fixed also this time.

I'm using Mac mini (2013-ish) with macOS High sierra 10.13.6. The game worked fine before all that happened. 

Please tell me if any more details are required.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Guest
Made anonymous

I think I know what your problem is. When the new plugin system was added around late April, OpenRCT2 stopped supporting Mac OS 10.13. From the changelog: "The required version of macOS has been increased to 10.14 (Mojave) for plugin support."

If you want to continue playing without going through the trouble of updating your OS, you could revert to an older version of OpenRCT2.

Edited by TigressDragonblade
42 minutes ago, TigressDragonblade said:

If you want to continue playing without going through the trouble of updating your OS, you could revert to an older version of OpenRCT2.

Thanks! 

How do I do that?

4 hours ago, AviramTavor said:

How do I do that?

If you're using the launcher it should have the option to switch between release and develop builds.  Otherwise you can just download the latest release from here. Note that the next release build will have plugin support, so if you aren't planning on updating your OS you might want to stop using the launcher and stick with the latest release indefinitely.

• Like 1