Playing RCT1 on OpenRCT2

Hi All! I’m sure this has been answered several times but I’m newer to using OpenRCT2. I saw that you can load up RCT1 maps. I own it on Steam. When I go to options to choose the path for RCT1, and click the folder it’s located in on my desktop, nothing happens. It’s like the folder is empty. Can anyone help?! Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
On 21/05/2020 at 19:58, TigressDragonblade said:

What directory is your Steam library installed to? It's normally not on your desktop. Usually it's something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe

I had the same problem. This is the default RCT1 Deluxe folder, but Open RCT2 didn't regocnize it, or had a slightly different location (I didn't check well enough). I immediately entered above folder location, restarted the computer and it worked! Now Open RTC2 has all scenarios from RCT1 Deluxe and RCT2. I am happy to play RCT1 with early scenario completion! 

• 1 year later...

I'm new to OpenRTC2 and have tried to link both my RTC1 and 2 installations.  I have both installed from the CD Roms with all of the add-on packs.  I've been able to play RCT2 without any problems since I first installed, but RTC1 and Loopy Landscapes have been less successful.  I first saw a message saying that I needed to copy a csg1i.dat file from the CD to the local folder, which I have done.  Now when I try to select the path, I see the below error.  I've found discussions of using installations from downloaded versions, but is there any advice on how to link the CD versions?

image.png.60469cfee9bb5bc31e48ec25089e7cba.png

You should have at least the files csg1.dat and csg1i.dat in the data directory inside the selected folder ([rct1 folder]/data/csg1[i].dat, not directly inside the selected folder). If you're not sure, please post a screenshot of the contents of both your RCT1 installation folder and the data folder.