Another g1.dat problem

I'm afraid I'm another person with the "can't find g1.dat" problem. I have scoured these message boards trying to find a solution. Here is my deal: 

I downloaded RCT2 Deluxe from GOG, its in my C:\GOG Games\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe folder, I pointed the launcher at that folder and I still get the error. I looked in my data folder, and I don't see a g1.dat file, there are bunch of dat files, but no g1. Am I crazy? 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

For f*s sake!

PLEASE mention what your solution is, even if you consider it an easy or obvious one!

There's nothing worse than finding forum entries for a problem one encounters where the only reply is a version of "never mind, I fixed it".

• Dislike 1
1 hour ago, chewey said:

For f*s sake!

PLEASE mention what your solution is, even if you consider it an easy or obvious one!

There's nothing worse than finding forum entries for a problem one encounters where the only reply is a version of "never mind, I fixed it".

Calm down a bit. I agree not mention the actual solution is very unhelpful to future users, but please stay civil.

In case anyone else would have this problem: "C:\GOG Games\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe" is a folder for RCT1 files, while the game asks for RCT2.

My apologies – I now realise that my post reads much harsher than I intended it to be.

It was meant to convey my exasperation (I've encountered exactly this "never mind" thing way too often recently). I didn't intend to be or appear uncivil at all.

Sorry.