Missing RCT2 Music

cheesecoffee

Sound: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Build: Latest full build (0.2.3 ac7a1eb)

I can't hear any music other than RCT1 Title Menu music on the title screen (by transferring css17.dat to my RCT2 folder). Setting the title music to just RCT2 means I can't hear any music at all. All sound effects work, as far as I can tell. I can hear guests talking, screaming while on rides, and clicking on various buttons all have a sound effect. I cannot hear any music while in a park. A Merry-go-Round, for instance, makes no noise even when running (the music is enabled for that ride).

I've checked as many sound settings as I could find. All sound sliders on my PC are at 100%. I can hear all other noises and the RCT1 Title Music just fine, and quite loud. I have the Sound Device set to Speakers/Headphones, since I have two speakers that I use for my PC, but changing to Default sound device does not change any of what I've just described.

I've attached a recording of the main menu, where I switch the title music from RCT2 to RCT1 and back again. Can anyone help with this issue? I'd greatly appreciate it.

track.wav

OK, if those are all the files in that folder, you're indeed missing all of the music files, since that is put in css3.dat through css46.dat.

Since you have the CD version, I think you have done a "Minimum" install. Please reinstall RCT2 and make sure you choose to do the full install.

• Like 1