Guests Complain About Walking Long Distances

Hi. I've been having a problem with guests getting lost easily in my parks. When they enter, they decide they want to ride something in the back of the park. Then, while they're heading towards the ride, they complain that it takes too long to find it.

I've tried selling park maps, building my rides closer together, building smaller parks, using single-wide paths, and hiring multiple entertainers to keep the guests happy. I also tried building a park where the main path is just one big square and all my rides and shops are connected to the square so that way, the paths wouldn't be too confusing. None of these have worked.

Is there a way to increase guest patience or program them to only look for rides they are closer to? Would removing the "I'm lost" and "I can't find this ride" thoughts work?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2019 at 13:45, LuigiFalcon said:

Hi. I've been having a problem with guests getting lost easily in my parks. When they enter, they decide they want to ride something in the back of the park. Then, while they're heading towards the ride, they complain that it takes too long to find it.

I've tried selling park maps, building my rides closer together, building smaller parks, using single-wide paths, and hiring multiple entertainers to keep the guests happy. I also tried building a park where the main path is just one big square and all my rides and shops are connected to the square so that way, the paths wouldn't be too confusing. None of these have worked.

Is there a way to increase guest patience or program them to only look for rides they are closer to? Would removing the "I'm lost" and "I can't find this ride" thoughts work?

Try adding some transport rides so they can get from one side of the park to the other easily.

They'll even pay for it if you have a pay per ride park!

In the current state of the game, pathfinding does not take transport rides into account. It is planned, but will take some time.

The only thing I can think of that is not already listed, is to make sure that guests never have to walk away from the ride in order to reach it. But if guests pick rides that are simply too far away, there's nothing you can do to help them.