Can't finish scenario - no putting in name button

When I finish a scenario, i get the "You won the scenario" screen, but I can't put in my name! See the picture attached.

Sometimes, when I close the game, and load the scenario again, (for 5 - 10 times) sometimes I can put in my name, but never when the scenario is completed at first.

I run v0.0.5 build 84977fa (stable)

Finish scenario.PNG

@Netsrek

People often run the game version 'Develop' to get the latest network version to play on servers and get bugs fixed etc. However stable 0.0.5 is just a day old so this issue is still active.

Regarding the 'missing namefield bug':

This has been reported on GitHub before (#2851) but got closed as so much had changed after the issue first opened. This maybe should open up the issue again as it seems to still exist. 

Edited by Nubbie
  • Like 1

I'm getting this issue as well. It's going to be nigh impossible to know what steps cause it imo, because you do so many various things to complete the scenario with basically the only constant being what scenario is being done.. Could it be caused because I used the speed up function? Could it be because I entered sandbox mode to build an additional ride entrance? Could it be that I used some custom scenery?  Who knows.

EDIT: build a091d39 seems to have fixed it! Good thing I saved some of the scenarios that were having the issue on October 30th in the game, as I tried one that I had saved after I have completed the objective but it didn't allow me to retroactively put in my name.

Edited by theow593
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, theow593 said:

I'm getting this issue as well. It's going to be nigh impossible to know what steps cause it imo, because you do so many various things to complete the scenario with basically the only constant being what scenario is being done.. Could it be caused because I used the speed up function? Could it be because I entered sandbox mode to build an additional ride entrance? Could it be that I used some custom scenery?  Who knows.

EDIT: build a091d39 seems to have fixed it! Good thing I saved some of the scenarios that were having the issue on October 30th in the game, as I tried one that I had saved after I have completed the objective but it didn't allow me to retroactively put in my name.

Well, with this info I'll look into my situation. I didn't saved a game file before finishing the scenario, but I'll keep this in mind. I already updated to the latest you mention.

EDIT: I can confirm that the levels now instantly give the option to fill in name again. No more rebooting or repeating loading the game.

I attached the save file, it is just before the scenario wins. (Rollercoaster mine-train has to be finished for excitment score)

Infernal views, just before winning game.sv6

Edited by Netsrek
Acknowledge problem is fixed
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi There!

New openRCT player here. I'm playing openRCT2 for nostalgic reasons and after playing the RCT classic on the Ipad for a while I wanted to play on my mac with keyboard and mouse so that's when I found out about openRCT.

I also experience this problem with finishing a scenario but I can't quite understand the solution given above.
Also I want to play the other scenario's which are unlocked but I can't unlock them by playing previous scenario's...

Any suggestions what I should do?

Playing OpenRCT2 with the steam RCT2 and the stable version op OpenRCT2 (v0.0.5)

5 minutes ago, AirCrow said:

Hi There!

New openRCT player here. I'm playing openRCT2 for nostalgic reasons and after playing the RCT classic on the Ipad for a while I wanted to play on my mac with keyboard and mouse so that's when I found out about openRCT.

I also experience this problem with finishing a scenario but I can't quite understand the solution given above.
Also I want to play the other scenario's which are unlocked but I can't unlock them by playing previous scenario's...

Playing OpenRCT2 with the steam RCT2 and the stable version op OpenRCT2 (v0.0.5)

Hello there AirCrow, 

Regarding the finish of a scenario, you better download the ORCT2 launcher and keep the game patched, also with the latest developments. With that, finishing of a scenario is fixed. 

For the option unlocking before playing, this is an option in the option menu of ORCT2. 

https://github.com/LRFLEW/OpenRCT2Launcher/releases/latest

Edited by Netsrek
Link to launcher download
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, AirCrow said:

Hi There!

Also, make sure to use the latest develop version instead of the stable version since that has that the latest bug fixes and features.

• 10 months later...

I'm having this issue again. I was on the current Stable build. I wanted to check if it was fixed so I switched to the Develop branch. I have my game saved 2 days prior to the scenario ending and have tried several times. Unfortunately it never let's me enter my name and as a result it never marks that I've completed the Scenario.

Version: 0.1.2-develop build 1f456d3

cantentername.png