Make Elevators faster?

I currently have a 500+ft Elevator that takes 43 seconds to reach the top. This is causing problems as the lines are always full. I have added another to minimise the effect but it only helps a little bit. 

Would it be possible to have an adjustable Elevator speed?

This would help a lot (especially with huge elevators like I have).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaKoasterNerd said:

I currently have a 500+ft Elevator that takes 43 seconds to reach the top. This is causing problems as the lines are always full. I have added another to minimise the effect but it only helps a little bit. 

Would it be possible to have an adjustable Elevator speed?

This would help a lot (especially with huge elevators like I have).

Have you posted this on GitHub?  A lot more devs are on there. :P;)

I implemented a feature a while ago which allows changing the speed of powered rides, including elevators. I made a pull request for it but it was never merged as the code was a bit of a mess. It's still open, I could probably clean it up a little. All powered rides have their speed stored seperately, but as it this value is in the vehicle struct and not the ride it's a bit difficult to make it adjustable in the ride window if that's what you're thinking of (though it's probably possible, just a bit hacky and hard to do in a consistent manner). What I did was implement a command that directly sets the speed and acceleration value for all vehicles currently on the ride.

Changing the speed of rides in this manner can sometimes break their functioning, so be careful. It's usually only the case with extreme values and it can normally be rectified by double closing the ride, but I would still save before doing this.

Edited by X7123M3-256