Which coaster is hardest for you to build with?

For me, it’s ALWAYS the air powered coaster. EVERY TIME I build a custom track, I can never get an excitement above 1, and the intensity is ridiculously high, even though I’m following what the game says on how to build it.

i remember building a multi-D coaster once. It was a really good coaster, one of my best. Look forward to building more of the kind. (BTW, the splitting coaster also has the rotating seat thing as well. Fun fact)

Inverted impulse is actually pretty easy. Just make the track tall enough for the train not to fall off on launch (and/or change the launch speed to a reasonable speed), and set it to cycle about 5-6 times. Incredibly cheap and very good excitement/intensity.

Woodies and Inverts are fine for me. I beat one scenario by building ONE inverted coaster with an excitement of above 7.

i don’t usually have problems with any coaster, really. It’s only the air powered that gives me a headache.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2018 at 06:12, BizzaroAmBest said:

For me, it’s ALWAYS the air powered coaster. EVERY TIME I build a custom track, I can never get an excitement above 1, and the intensity is ridiculously high, even though I’m following what the game says on how to build it.

----

i don’t usually have problems with any coaster, really. It’s only the air powered that gives me a headache.

An air powered coaster is easy to build if you follow a few rules:

- Bank any turns it goes through at high speed.

- Make sure it goes over the top of the hill slowly. If it goes too fast, the negative G-forces will be very high and the rating will suffer.

• 10 months later...

Well for me it's the steeplechase and the multi-dimension, You should really only use the multi-dimensional in roller coaster maker so you don't have to deal with time limits and frustration. The steeplechase is boring in terms of elements and you can't really bank turns. I got only one steeplechase to 7.11 excitement and that is it! Don't recommend using either type.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 21/09/2018 at 23:12, BizzaroAmBest said:

i remember building a multi-D coaster once. It was a really good coaster, one of my best. Look forward to building more of the kind. (BTW, the splitting coaster also has the rotating seat thing as well. Fun fact)

Inverted impulse is actually pretty easy. Just make the track tall enough for the train not to fall off on launch (and/or change the launch speed to a reasonable speed), and set it to cycle about 5-6 times. Incredibly cheap and very good excitement/intensity.

Woodies and Inverts are fine for me. I beat one scenario by building ONE inverted coaster with an excitement of above 7.

The key to air-powered is making sure the train crests the tops of the hills at about 25-35 mph. Any faster and you'll get some pretty nasty negative G readings. Also, bank every turn unless it's after a brake run. That being said, I think the air-powered coaster is one of the worst types in terms of building, not because of its stats (the stats are pretty great) but because it's so limited. I wouldn't expect it to offer inversions, but turns come only in one size, you can't have a turn on the peak, and there are no steep slopes and gentle slopes (only vertical). I wouldn't bother with them if they didn't have excitement ratings over 9 if you do it right. 

The Heartline and Stand-Up are two that come to mind, the Heartline is awful in so many ways: VERY limited track pieces and very bad stats. The Stand-Up Coaster, you have to be Marcel Vos-level good or build a very unrealistic track to get above 6 excitement on one. It's also one of the few coaster types that are totally useless: why not just build a Stand-Up Twister Coaster?