Some ideas to improve the game

TheFrench

I have some ideas which should be nice if they were implemented:

• Being able to control a visitor
  • Making visitors no more wanting to quit the park
  • Increase the height of the map so that we can dig more deeply
  • No limit for the objects available when building a scenario (although I assume it has already been suggested)
  • Function of copy&paste for scenery (faster than creating a customized ride with scenery, using it and destroying the ride)
  • Nearly no limit for the number of employed people
  • Increase the speed only for non-animator people
  • Storing more information on rides like a more precise data of the date they were built (not erase by the cheat)
  • Mechanics being able to enter a ride from the entrance (enables not to connect the exit, from which visitors can easily fall to a lower path)
  • Support a script language (like Lua) for example to make customized scenarios
  • A real AI for the labyrinth (like not one which is lost for a very simple one or enjoying for an exit just in front of the entrance)
  • A tool to visually vertically cut the map to manage difficult situations in the underground (path, ride, digging...)

For multiplayer:

• Doing multiparks which would run as competitors
  • Sign every single object being created in the multiplayer mode; that would enable to: destroy everything from one guy, forbid to destroy other people objects...
  • Use a different library so that configuring the router to make a server is no more necessary
  • Giving a maximum amount to spend for each user
  • Adding the permission for a user to load a map (in multiplayer mode)
  • Playing to several parks at the same time (not only with the multiplayer mode) - not very useful though
  • Sending private messages - not only public ones with the chat
  • Make "friends" which are signed (avoid the problem of pseudo usurpation and enable to give the permissions more easily for other servers)
  • Solve the bugs when we hiring people
  • Put a server as favorite even when we are already in its park

Anyway, the current reverse engineered game is really great, thanks a lot!

16 hours ago, TheFrench said:

Increase the height of the map so that we can dig more deeply

This has already been done, the limit was raised from 120 to 320 ft. However, a further raise might be possible - I'm not sure if this is the absolute limit. Removing the limit entirely would require a new file format.

No limit for the objects available when building a scenario (although I assume it has already been suggested)

This has been suggested over and over again but it can't be done until the save format is changed.

Mechanics being able to enter a ride from the entrance (enables not to connect the exit, from which visitors can easily fall to a lower path)

I think mechanics already can enter through an entrance if they are unable to locate the exit. But I don't think we need to explicitly support leaving the exit disconnected, that would probably kill the peeps IRL.

Support a script language (like Lua) for example to make customized scenarios

Well, you don't need a scripting engine to make custom scenarios, that's what the scenario editor is for. I've thought about the potential use for this but I'm not sure it's there - there are certainly some hacks for which a scripting engine would be very useful, but the number of people who do that sort of thing seems low. You'd really want this for things where a script would be helpful but the desired functionality doesn't justify being added as a feature. I thought of using it for something like procedural generation of buildings or terrain, or processing passes over the entire map to do things like remove duplicate objects or things incompatible with vanilla.

EDIT: The actual terrain limit is 600ft, I'm not sure why OpenRCT2 only allows up to 320. Seems the limit was raised, but not as far as it could have been.

Edited by X7123M3-256
5 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

I think mechanics already can enter through an entrance if they are unable to locate the exit. But I don't think we need to explicitly support leaving the exit disconnected, that would probably kill the peeps IRL.

Well, this is a game, ( :P;) ) and some people use this to simulate things like skydiving and parachute rides.  It would be very useful in these circumstances.

I usually use a tracked ride with a shoestring and invisible track for that sort of thing. It looks better than just peeps falling implausibly slowly, but it's very difficult to make work if compatibility with vanilla is required (because both OpenRCT2's invisibility cheats don't work reliably in vanilla).

But I see the use case, I just don't think it's a good idea to implement a feature solely to make something like that work when you could instead implement a feature that makes it unecessary (i.e better custom flat ride support). I know the latter is a long way off, however.

Edited by X7123M3-256