Pause Bug; Very Annoying!

Whenever I scroll around my camera, it constantly pauses and unpauses. Whenever I just stand still and do nothing, it pauses and unpauses quickly once every 2 seconds. It's very annoying because it doesn't let me place paths sometimes since the game is paused, and it also makes all of the audio sound very jagged, choppy, and annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this, since it is very annoying and almost makes the game unplayable for me?

Never heard of something like this before. Could it be that the pause key on your keyboard is being triggered constantly?

As a work-around for the placement, you can enable the 'Allow building in pause mode' cheat.

Edit: Just noticed you made two threads about this. Next time please only make one, and use the search function before asking a question.

Edited by Broxzier
  • 4 weeks later...

I just want to leave a note here, this happened to me as well. But not every 2 seconds… more like 10 times per second.

I haven't investigated this further and don't know, if this problem still exists - but I know, that there wasn't something laying on my keyboard.

I need to know following information:

• How do you run the game? Windowed or fullscreen? There are three option in total available, which one of them?
  • Do you have any scaling turned on (system or in-game)?
  • Does it happen always when you drag around or only when you hold mouse button clicked?
  • Does clicking mouse buttons, then moving mouse cursor to edge fix it?
  • Are there any parts of the screen that trigger this behaviour/some parts of the screen stay unaffected?
  • Does it happen reliably in all or only in some builds? Does relaunching the game or switching scenarios have any effect on that?
  • Your OS version & build information
On 5/1/2016 at 10:57, Caemen said:

Whenever I scroll around my camera, it constantly pauses and unpauses. Whenever I just stand still and do nothing, it pauses and unpauses quickly once every 2 seconds. It's very annoying because it doesn't let me place paths sometimes since the game is paused, and it also makes all of the audio sound very jagged, choppy, and annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this, since it is very annoying and almost makes the game unplayable for me?

I had this exact bug, turns out it is because I was using steam overlay FPS counter with the "pause game when Steam overlay is open" is enabled.

Solution: Either turn off FPS counter on the steam overlay or turn off the "pause game when Steam overlay is open" option.

driverdis solution looks plausible, but I'm not able to get the bug again.

However, I've found out, that the game pauses while dragging the screen around with my mouse - In a multiplayer game…

Could be another bug but here's the video anyway: https://youtu.be/GtfYmlKBRXw  watch the pause-button and notice the slowdown while I drag the screen.