OpenRCT on Raspberry Pi?

Juli199696

Hello there, this is more a question as an idea but see it like you want to.My idea/ question is, is it possible to run OpenRCT on ARM device / the Raspberry Pi ? 512 MB ram should be enough to run this game smooth and with the GPU it got it can run HD films so it may have the power to play Rollercoaster on it. There is a OpenTTD fork for ARM/Raspberry aswell.Hope for some ideas or answers ^^Greetings Juli199696

Well thats true, wine don't work with the rpi. I know there is a way with quemu but thats just deadly slow and unplayable. I thank you for the answer. Can you say how many of the code got reversed yet ? like 10-15 % :) Just to have an overview. Maybe in future i will go to help with assets if needed.And for the rpi thing i know there is another way with SDL for OpenTTD that works on Android but i think you need the full source for it aswell. Maybe that is a possibility to do it for Arm devices like tablets and rpi ^^https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.openttd.sdl&hl=deJust some ideas.

I don't know how much is reversed, but it is also hard to tell. One function is not the same as another function. You might do 10 in the same time as 1 other, if you know what I mean.The game can indeed be compiled to any (or most) platforms which allows games and applications written in C. The Raspberry Pi, but also Android and maybe even iOs. Those last two would need a special version enhanced for touch devices. But again, almost everything is possible! Even in-browser (HTML5 & javascript) The only problem with those platforms is the fact that we would need our own assets to do that. (except for the rPi since you can just copy your data files onto the SD card)Lots of possibilities for the future!