Game takes 10+ minutes to launch every time

Hi everyone,

Long time player of OpenRCT2 here. I've rarely encountered any major issues since the beginning of this project. However, for almost a year now, the game takes about 10 minutes to launch into the title screen. The screen will turn black with a blank white window in the center while the task manager just shows the main executable as "not responding." Here's what I've done so far to troubleshoot:

- Disabled antivirus

- Clean install of RCT2 and OpenRCT2 on a separate drive (both portable and normal version)

- Ran program as administrator

To be clear, the game does eventually launch after waiting it out. But any help / feedback to get the game launching quickly again would be much-appreciated. If there's any additional details I can provide that would be helpful, let me know. Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't have that exact issue, but for me, it does take about a minute or two to load a save file once the file has reached a certain size (not sure what that size may be). In my case I suspect it's due to the number of things in the file, but I'm no computer hardware or software guru.  :) Mine may just be due to an older i5 processor.

• Like 1