Game versions compatible with Open RCT2

Hi there!

Im new and want to start with OpenRCT2. Since there are a lot of diffrent versions available on steam, my question is wich ones are compartible and what is the best one to buy?

Also: on youtube I have heard, that if you bus also RCT1, you will be able to play these missions as well. Is that true? In my understanding RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster World are diffrent games.

Currently available versions (EU):

RollerCoaster Tycoon® Classic

RollerCoaster Tycoon®: Deluxe, contains:

Base game RollerCoaster Tycoon, Corkscrew Follies Expansion Pack, Loopy Landscapes Expansion Pack

RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Triple Thrill Pack, contains:

Base game Roller Coaster Taycoon 2, Time Twister Expansion Pack, Wacky Worlds Expansion Pack

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON® COLLECTION, contains:

RollerCoaster Tycoon®: Deluxe, RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Triple Thrill Pack, RollerCoaster Tycoon World™: Deluxe Edition, RollerCoaster Tycoon World™

Thanks a lot for your Help,

Atvilar

OpenRCT2 requires a copy of RCT2 or RCT Classic to work. Their only difference is that Classic comes with recreations of the RCT1 (Deluxe) scenarios. You don't need RCT World for anything in OpenRCT2. Regardless of whether you use RCT2 or RCTC, also adding RCT1 unlocks some extra wall textures and adds the original RCT1 scenarios. The best possible combination would be RollerCoaster Tycoon®: Deluxe and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Triple Thrill Pack (the latter can be exchanged with RCT Classic, but that is usually more expensive).

• Like 2