Custom Scenery "Object not Found"

I've installed all of the object files in the ORCT2 object folder and almost every scenery pack I select, I get the popup that says 

"Following object not found: (and here is blank) Not all objects could be selected!“

As well as several of the paths I've downloaded not showing up at all. 

I also downloaded a workbench.park file, and I can't open those at all despite them being in the proper folder, and I was able to open a different custom park without any trouble. 

I don't understand what it is that I've done incorrectly. 

8 hours ago, cherryaire said:

"Following object not found: (and here is blank) Not all objects could be selected!“

That probably means you've installed the scenery group but not the objects it contains.

8 hours ago, cherryaire said:

As well as several of the paths I've downloaded not showing up at all.

If they're legacy .DAT paths they show up in a different tab.

13 hours ago, cherryaire said:

So a group doesn't contain the items? That doesn't make much sense to me.

No.  A scenery group is just a list of object names, and each of those objects has their own .DAT or .parkobj file. One object can belong to multiple scenery groups, and often scenery groups are not made by the person that made the objects. It's quite common for people to create their own scenery groups to organize their object collection. If you have a scenery group installed, but you don't have the objects it refers to, then you'll get this error when you try to select it.

When parks are shared to on sites like NE designs, it's common to remove the unused objects to reduce the file size. So downloading that park will give you the scenery group, but not necessarily all the objects it refers to, only the ones that were used in that park. Downloading a scenery group directly from the NE database would be another way this could happen.

• Informative 1