Guest Complain About Queue Lengths

WARNING !!  TL;DR post. :) 

In my opinion, your queues are too long for the rides. If you put Queue line TVs in that will help (Marcel Vos) did a video including that a while ago.

As a personal rule-of-thumb, mine are usually long enough to fill the flat ride, plus a tile or two more. For example, the Top Spin and the Launched Free-Fall can only seat 8 peeps, so I would make the line only 3-4 tiles. You could even in that case just run the queue line straight from the entrance to the exit, as that gives you 3 tiles which is ~15 peeps (average of 5 per tile). As for the Space Rings, one tile or even no queue works for me, when the entrance directly meets the path you still will get one peep queueing.  :)

If you're using the queue lines to "store" guests, then you really need TVs and/or entertainers.

Tracked rides and coasters is a more flexible one, for most coasters, my usual thing is to make the queue as long as the station or as long as a full train at least, then that depends on ride times, and number of trains.

Car Ride, Monster Trucks, Helicopters, and a couple of others are different again, since they go so slowly without using the "chain lift on all sections" cheat.

And Go Karts is different from any others, since the queue moves one peep at a time after the first run. That is, as a kart stops there's a driver change, not all once they all stop.

You can also see queue times in the far right tab of the individual ride window, and work from there.

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but it's certainly not a bug, and falls under "park management" really  :)

Also sorry if this was too long a post.  :)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ExCrafty said:

WARNING !!  TL;DR post. :) 

In my opinion, your queues are too long for the rides. If you put Queue line TVs in that will help (Marcel Vos) did a video including that a while ago.

As a personal rule-of-thumb, mine are usually long enough to fill the flat ride, plus a tile or two more. For example, the Top Spin and the Launched Free-Fall can only seat 8 peeps, so I would make the line only 3-4 tiles. You could even in that case just run the queue line straight from the entrance to the exit, as that gives you 3 tiles which is ~15 peeps (average of 5 per tile). As for the Space Rings, one tile or even no queue works for me, when the entrance directly meets the path you still will get one peep queueing.  :)

If you're using the queue lines to "store" guests, then you really need TVs and/or entertainers.

Tracked rides and coasters is a more flexible one, for most coasters, my usual thing is to make the queue as long as the station or as long as a full train at least, then that depends on ride times, and number of trains.

Car Ride, Monster Trucks, Helicopters, and a couple of others are different again, since they go so slowly without using the "chain lift on all sections" cheat.

And Go Karts is different from any others, since the queue moves one peep at a time after the first run. That is, as a kart stops there's a driver change, not all once they all stop.

You can also see queue times in the far right tab of the individual ride window, and work from there.

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but it's certainly not a bug, and falls under "park management" really  :)

Also sorry if this was too long a post.  :)

Thank you so much for this!! 

I have always done long queue lines (I'll blame my young ignorance) so I immediately assumed it was a bug. I'm sorry!! 

I appreciate your thorough explanation! :) I just started a new scenario and will take your tips and put them to use. 

• Like 1