Perhaps a bug, or filesystem incompatability

I seem to be having random file corruption or missing in-game rides/attractions when loading my save. Does OpenRCT2 support the Resilient Filesystem (ReFS) at all or at least somewhat? For those not familiar with it, it is Micro$courage's approach to make a filesystem for their enterprise and server OSs that prevents bit-rotting and also increases the capacity and performance, hence the reason for using it (performance that is) I know this might be a difficult thing to assess as not everyone has an OS that support ReFS as a full-blown read/write setup. Just to add: I am using the command switch to save all of my openrct2 data on the same partition as the game itself.

Edited by TheKillerChicken

This sounds like something that the OS should handle, not the individual applications you're running on it. Make sure you have all the files required on your system, and don't paste OpenRCT2 versions over each other. What kind of corruption are you seeing?

45 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

This sounds like something that the OS should handle, not the individual applications you're running on it. Make sure you have all the files required on your system, and don't paste OpenRCT2 versions over each other. What kind of corruption are you seeing?

When I load my save, it says that there are missing rides/attractions. All I do is copy the json(s) from the latest archive back over and it works again until I close the game and load it again. The missing rides/attractions error is random and it randomly is missing those said files. Would it be possible that my RAID controller is cache-thrashing also as all my games are on a RAID-0 setup and the controller is a dinosaur controller (2014) as well? My whole system is using ECC as well, so perhaps something is not passing my ram correctly?

Edited by TheKillerChicken
  • 2 weeks later...