How do I find RCT1 Files from Steam?

Looking to get back into RCT, I have a CD copy of RCT2+both expansions, but I no longer know where my RCT1+expansions CD is, so I just paid the $6.00 to download it on steam. I'm now downloading OpenRCT v0.4.3 64-bit, but I can't get it to work with either RCT2 CD or RCT1 Steam.

For RCT1 it's "Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe" off of steam. When I double click the OpenRCT shortcut it wants me to "select the directory where you installed Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic", but I'm not sure how to find steam game files, I thought they were just on steam. I'm also hoping Roller Coaster Tycoon "Classic" & "Deluxe" are considered the same-ish thing & can both work for OpenRCT2.

For RCT2 as I was typing this I figured out that portion & somehow my stuff is saved from 2 or 3 years ago =O.

I just need to figure out how to get my RCT1 stuff back, I am hoping that I did that on OpenRCT or else I'll have lost the completion of all 81 scenarios =s, but if I did it on an RCT1 CD I guess that's that.

Okay, I have found the Steam Directory, & the folder that Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe is in, but I'm not sure how to "add" RCT1 Deluxe onto OpenRCT so that both RCT1 & RCT2 are there.

Okay, I figured it out, I dragged a bunch of stuff from OpenRCT into the place where RCT Deluxe is. Unfortunately my save files are probably on the RCT1 CD, so that is all gone, but at least I have access to RCT1/RCT2 scenarios.

Now if only I could figure out how to delete this thread that would be great.

Your RCT1 save is not on the CD, it just doesn't do that. If you still have the PC you played it on, find the file in your installation directory with the most recent modification date (inside the program files folder) and copy that to the exact same location in your new RCT1 installation.

• Useful 1
  • Informative 1
On 25/01/2023 at 11:57, jensj12 said:

Your RCT1 save is not on the CD, it just doesn't do that. If you still have the PC you played it on, find the file in your installation directory with the most recent modification date (inside the program files folder) and copy that to the exact same location in your new RCT1 installation.

Oh I see, thanks. No, I don't think I'm on the same computer, it felt like 3 years ago, but looking at OpenRCT I see files from 5 years ago, & I think I only installed OpenRCT after I beat RCT1, so I think they'd be on whatever computer I was using in 2016~2017, RIP.