Unable to save game, tracks, or scenarios

1.  Playing game as normal - I am unable to save any progress with the game.
2.  Whether is creating a new scenario, saving a park, or saving a track. 
3. Below error appears and crashes the game
4. When I go back to the park folder following the game crash, the file I attempted to save becomes corrupted and I am unable to get any of my data back 

I attempted to Submit this as a bug as well 

I just spent 2 days on a park, and attempted to save it and this issue happened needless to say I am pissed I lost my work. 

Screenshot 2021-12-01 013013.png

Screenshot 2021-12-01 015928.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gymnasiast: Perhaps it would be useful to include the location of the autosave folder, as I (and I assume other new people) don't know where that is; it's not in the openrct2 directory. Of course, that is, unless it's only created when the first autosave is made, and then my game hasn't been autosaved yet.

Anyways my game is also crashing when I try to save, but not like that. It just hangs.

QUICK EDIT: Apparently I was on the dev branch?? Why is this default??

Edit 2: Windows installation, from .zip

Edited by The_SOB_II
On 08/02/2022 at 12:00, The_SOB_II said:

Gymnasiast: Perhaps it would be useful to include the location of the autosave folder, as I (and I assume other new people) don't know where that is; it's not in the openrct2 directory.

It is right there in the screenshot that you posted...

Anyway, we identified some bugs in the window in question, and a solution should follow soon (assuming you are hit by the same problem, obviously).

> QUICK EDIT: Apparently I was on the dev branch?? Why is this default??

There is no default, when you download the game you pick one (release or develop) yourself. Of course, this does not apply if you use the Launcher, but that is an unofficial community project. Nevertheless, in general develop is very stable, sometimes even more than release, so in general it shouldn’t cause any problems.

• Like 1