Creating Custom Scenery

KidCuty

Hi, I'm relatively new to OpenRCT2 although I've placed RCT2 for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been messing around with custom parks and scenery that people have created but in wanting to create my own completely custom park I've run into the problem of wanting to create custom scenery that doesn't exist. Does anybody know what programs I should be using to do this? Are there online tutorials somewhere, I've searched YouTube but i can't seem to find any.

Any and info helps!

There's a tool called the object editor that most people use, I can't say much about it because I've never used it. With the new JSON object format, this tool isn't strictly necessary - you can create objects with just a text editor and an image editor - but JSON objects cannot yet be exported in save files. I haven't seen much in the way of tutorials on making custom scenery, if you ask on NE I'm sure someone there would know if one exists.

Edited by X7123M3-256
On 22/10/2020 at 10:54, X7123M3-256 said:

There's a tool called the object editor that most people use, I can't say much about it because I've never used it. With the new JSON object format, this tool isn't strictly necessary - you can create objects with just a text editor and an image editor - but JSON objects cannot yet be exported in save files. I haven't seen much in the way of tutorials on making custom scenery, if you ask on NE I'm sure someone there would know if one exists.

Thank you :) I ended up just messing around with Dimension, Photoshop and the Object Editor until I kinda stumbled upon making something lol