Linux - Custom Content Invisible

Hello OpenRCT2 Community,

I am running Ubuntu Linux, distro 18.04.4 LTS and am having issues using third party content.  I was able to install and run the game easily using the instructions provided, and navigate to the original vanilla file directory for RCT2.  Seriously guys, you did a great job porting this to Linux!

My problem is that third party content is invisible in-game, and in the scenario editor.  I've downloaded and extracted several new rides, for example from The Amazing Earl.  Everything seems functional in-game, that is I can select and build paths or rides, but they all stay completely invisible.  There is even a miniature railway train-type that can be selected, and when it runs it makes little puffs of smoke as it travels down the track, but the locomotive and cars are invisible.  Paths seems to function, if I place a new invisible path next to some dirt paths, you can see the dirt path becomes a 90 degree curve to connect. 

I do have the new .DAT files in /home/<username>/.config/OpenRCT2/object

Does anyone know why this is happening?

That's very odd. This usually happens with objects from the expansions when the user doesn't have those expansions. I can't think why that would be happening with custom content. If you're on develop, try switching to release (or switching to develop if you're on release) to see if the issue still persists.

The guys at GitHub helped me out. --> https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/12512

Turns out, because I installed from the original CD not a digital download, I don't have some of the content that comes from the expansion packs.  I guess OpenRCT2 expects you to have it.  The invisible content I was seeing was from the thrill pack.