Scenario Editor Issue

So I've finished making the map and now i'm ready to move on to the next  editor stage but I keep getting an error message saying, 

"Can't advance to next editor stage... Path from park entrance to map edge either not complete or too complex - Path must be single - width with as few junctions and corners as possible."

So I make the path a straight line from the park entrance to the edge of the map, and I still get the same message. Then I try a single branch out to make 2 routes, 1 going to the exit position and 1 for the entry position. then both meet up and go straight to the park entrance. I've tried to erase the entry and exit positions and reapply them, but I can't figure out how to erase them. Can anyone can offer some advice to help with this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

LuckeyT (and devs):

If you've tried the simple routes as you say it does sound like a bug- perhaps it's remembering the earlier version. Sometimes deleting the entrance and path and relaying them can help with entrance issues in the designer- as well as checking the entrance(s) are happy with where your park borders are. As for the entry point arrows if you click on a new location for them it auto erases the older one(s)- but a penny's just dropped now I mention this - maybe- you say 'and exit' positions, this may be the problem if you're using one arrow in the wrong direction for an exit route- the two are both entry origin points for where guests will enter the park from (I think you can have one to four entrances maximum and get two of these guest spawn point arrows regardless, you place these where you want guests to spawn and approach the park entrance- you don't need to place any exit route arrows (at least not in vanilla RCT). Again these must be on unowned land- not path that is in your park.

If you can try various entry pathing in vanilla RCT it might be worth testing the same situation for comparison- this seems unique to Open RCT - in vanilla you could have quite complex entry path setups and multiple entrances on different sides of the park (or a cluster of entrances close together for design purposes) and they did work, or at least I never designed one complex enough that it failed - might be worth testing what does / does not work in both versions for if anything can/should be improved in Open RCT. The Open RCT alert may be if there's a bug check alert for paths that may not work (if so in vanilla they may of course just have failed).

Remember you place the arrows for where guests join the path- placing these wisely may overcome such an issue (I think I tended to place mine so as to keep the entry route for guests fairly simple even if the path looked less so). It's possible I had no issues because of forcing the guests towards the entrance whichever turning choice they made (and possibly avoiding needless entry path branching).

One tip though if you want something that may be too complex is fake it- make the functional entry path simple but use tricks like walls you later delete to have more unconnected path or path blocked off with fencing/walls just for visual effect or/and tricks like land surface (false path/plaza) / scenery so it looks more complex (in the designer you can place scenery outside the park)

I think Coastermaker's problem is slightly different- more to do with the fact the entrance has to be on unowned land (I'm not sure from memory of the exact borders but I think it's that the back of the entrance is as far out as your park border can be- you can still own land to the sides of the entrance but not the entrance and entry path bit. It's worth not having the entrance too close to a map edge for this reason.

Edited by RollerBoaster
Added first paragraph
  • 1 month later...
On 22/08/2019 at 18:40, Coastermaker said:

I'm having a hard time as you are.

Screenshot (90).png

This is an issue with having ALL the land be part of the park. 

You have to make a small segment outside the park bounderies for the entrance to set in.  This can be as small as  3x3  to permit the entrance and a small path going to it from the side.

Edited by Ruedii