Custom Ride Entrance/Exit

D1JL

Has anyone made a custom ride entrance/exit?

I am looking for one with a FLAT roof.

Hight is an issue for my project and "No Entrance" option recognizes the entrance/exit is still there, you just can't see it.

The other alternative would an editor for objects and I could try to do it myself.

However, I don't even know where to find them in the object files.

Thanks,

Dave 

Edited by D1JL
9 hours ago, D1JL said:

Has anyone made a custom ride entrance/exit?

As far as I'm aware, no one has made an actual custom ride entrance (custom park entrances exist). Support for this was added less than a month ago. Up until recently, the list of ride entrances and exits was hardcoded and the sprites were loaded from g2.dat. Creating a functioning custom entrance would mean modifying the code, so people would instead just make the entrance invisible and then place custom scenery over the top.

When the new object format was implemented, it became possible to add new object types, and a PR implementing support for ride entrances and terrain types as custom objects was merged a few weeks ago. I haven't had much of a chance to experiment with this but I'm pretty sure this means it's now possible to make a functioning custom entrance. However, be aware that JSON objects will not export with your savegame, and they will only work in OpenRCT2.

9 hours ago, D1JL said:

However, I don't even know where to find them in the object files. 

You won't find them in the vanilla ObjData folder because entrance objects didn't exist in vanilla. You need to look at the JSON object files instead. Where these are located on your machine may vary, but you can view them all on Github. The sprites can be found in g1.dat - I believe you can use OpenRCT2 to extract these into PNG files if you want to use them as a reference for your custom object.

9 hours ago, D1JL said:

The other alternative would an editor for objects and I could try to do it myself.

No object editor will have support for custom entrances/exits because they weren't a thing until recently. However, it's not really necessary - the new JSON objects are based on standard file formats and can be edited with standard tools.

• Useful 1

8 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

You won't find them in the vanilla ObjData folder because entrance objects didn't exist in vanilla. You need to look at the JSON object files instead. Where these are located on your machine may vary, but you can view them all on Github. The sprites can be found in g1.dat - I believe you can use OpenRCT2 to extract these into PNG files if you want to use them as a reference for your custom object.

I have looked at GitHub and I realize that it is way above me. :(

Thanks for your help, :)

Dave

Edited by D1JL