Friend can't join my server

Hello,

My friend and I have a problem. We want to play together on a Server, but every time we try to do this, my friend can't join. On the side there's a dark red symbol, so not like the other red Symbols, if he had the wrong Version of the game, no, it's darker as the other symbol. But there's no reason why he can't join. We had try some things, but nothing changed.

Can anybody help us please?

Thanks for a answer,

Kxmby

Edited by Kxmby

The darker red means the server is offline or unreachable. Check that you have entered the correct IP address for the server, and that the server host has forwarded the correct port to the correct machine (if you are not on the same LAN). If it still doesn't work, check to see if there are any firewall rules that might be blocking it.

• Like 1

How can the server host forwarding the correct port to the "correct machine" can u give me a short explanation? We are not on the same LAN but we both have allowed this following port:  11753

Edited by Kxmby

The machine you forward the port to is the one that's running the server (nothing needs to be done on the client side). Check that port forwarding is turned on for port 11753 and that the IP address entered is the correct local IP for the machine that's running the server. You can run "ifconfig" (or "ipconfig" on Windows) to find out your local IP address.

• Like 1