Avast AND Windows Defender!!!

I do not know what the issue is quite yet but the last 2 days have been a pain in my ASS!!!! Because Avast and Windows Defender are blocking all actions regarding the startup and Launch process. I do not know why yet, but I will find out soon enough. Moderators, please contact the two mentioned above and solve this issue. Please get the necessary files cleared so I don't have to... Thanks.

I had to un-install... re-install... still had issues. 

p.s. I already submitted files to the for mentioned agencies to clear this up. Who knows what will happen,,

Just letting you know. Believe me .."I trust OpenRCT2!' Just make the other companies stop pissing me off!  THANK YOU!

2 hours ago, SpiffyJack said:

Moderators, please contact the two mentioned above and solve this issue.

Big corporations don't typically work this way- if they tried to handle every request every single user sent them, they wouldn't have time to do anything else, like updates or designing new products.  The request will most likely fall into the circular bin, since it affects only a tiny percentage of users.  Your best bet is to go into settings in both programs and exclude OpenRCT2 from the list of monitored files. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Big corporations don't typically work this way- if they tried to handle every request every single user sent them, they wouldn't have time to do anything else, like updates or designing new products.  The request will most likely fall into the circular bin, since it affects only a tiny percentage of users.  Your best bet is to go into settings in both programs and exclude OpenRCT2 from the list of monitored files. 

I understand that. I also understand that if OpenRCT2 was sent to these companies, then those companies can write an exclusion list for OpenRCT2 and update globally... we did it all the time writing the Crysis series.. you can set up a secured drop box and every update or mod gets cleared in quite quickly... I volunteer to set it up :D ..  But, to be fair here, ORCT2 was trying to write to one of my secured drives through a path that was clearly unrelated to the startup processes.    

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, imlegos said:

Doesn't it bring up a thing where you can say "Always trust"

Typically yes... But it went strait to lock down mode and wouldn't even let me abort the process before all network processes restricted access. Some of the conflict was coming from a path directed to the /bin folder, and when I authorized the path I kept receiving an invalid path conflict... Everything has been resolved including global exclusions (at least for Avast and Defender) 

I'm not discouraged from this, I actually expect it.  Hell, anytime I just power up a byte processor, I'm amazed how it all works! :D  

Edited by SpiffyJack
  • Like 1