Chat Features

Just some thoughts on what could be added to the chat:

Overflow: For when that one line of text simply won't fit in the window. Basically, once the line of text reaches the edge of the window, it continues on the next line.

Unicode support: For when we want to post lenny faces.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Message timeout toggle on/off: When off, this would prevent text from disappearing from the page.

Mentions: basically works the same way as @ mentions in the forum (such as @YoloSweggLord). Typing @ would bring up the list of players, typing would limit the list to the players with those characters in the name (basically the same way it works in the forums). Names would show up highlighted in green to all players except the mentioned player, who sees it as red. Possibly a notification sound could play to the mentioned player. Clicking on an @ mention would open the multiplayer window of that player.

Whispers: This is already implemented in wolfreak_99's mods. typing /w @(player name) would send a private message to that specific player. Instead of typing /w @(player), one could type /w *(group name) to send a PM to all players in the specified group. For example, I could type "/w *admin keep an eye on (player), I don't trust him" to send the message only to players in the admin group.

I know some of this would require quite a bit of coding, but these were just some ideas I had for improving chat.

1. Why not have a set-able line length in the chat options, like Minecraft's (It's option is demonstrated based on pixel length (Though based on the default 16x system)

2. Character spam, character spam everywhere.

3. I'd prefer the ability to either A. scroll the chat or B. check the console for chat output (like OpenTTD)

4. make it play a higher pitched version of the regular chat sound, and I'd call it good.

5. Have it play the same sound mentioned above, and it's good.

7 minutes ago, imlegos said:

2. Character spam, character spam everywhere.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)