Kings Emporium - Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for the long wait y'all. Appreciate the support, I just went on vacation which had no internet access. Hope you guys will enjoy the update)

New for 1988: Grizzly Run - A roller coaster designed by Curtis D Summers, and built by the Dinn Corporation. Race through the trees alongside a mess of twisted wooden track, Splinter through the breeze on the wildest beast in Springfield

spacer.png

July - 1988

Today was this Summer’s busiest day so far. Most of our coasters have queues of at least an hour-long. Our new roller coaster Grizzly Run had a 75 minute wait for me when I first arrived. I never saw it go less than that.

spacer.png

To make way for the new roller coaster, Kings Emporium had to redesign, reconstruct, and reprofile portions of the Exporail. The area for The Country Mills was also expanded. It is a tight fight, but the close interactions with Wildebeast are exhilarating. Tons of near misses. Word on the street is that night rides on Grizzly Run are top class, and at night this is the best ride in the park.
spacer.png

The best part are the sharp turns in the woods. You really feel like you're flying.

spacer.png

My friends and I avoided Excaliber today. The ride is always awesome, but the queue looked unbearable. We opted for multiple rides on Wildebeast instead. This ride’s wait was never over 15 minutes, a perfect ride to marathon. 
spacer.png

Onto our other roller coaster, The Great American Patriot, it is still one of the best coasters in the park, While this roller coaster focuses on drawn out airtime with it’s double out and back layout, Grizzly Run focuses on laterals intertwined with airtime moments. 

spacer.png

Elsewhere in American Grove, Vortex has a reasonable wait. Some people complain about standing up, but I don’t mind the experience. Something about speeding over those airtime hills while being upright is such a unique sensation. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

Scooby Doo is another ride you can walk right on these days, but don’t judge a book by it’s cover. This kiddie roller coaster packs a punch.
spacer.png

We went back over to The Country Mills after some fun in The Grove. Coal Miner is still just as popular as it was when it opened. You’d think that with the addition of Grizzly Run to The Country Mills, that it’d eat up the crowds for other attractions in the area… but nope.

spacer.png

That is unless you’re willing to ride the other family roller coaster/dark-ride hybrid, Wildfire. This classic was a walk on all day, and it’s still just as good as ever. I’ve never had to wait over 10 minutes to ride this ride, and the finale is amazing!

spacer.png

spacer.png

We cooled off on Canyon River Rapids as this wait is always manageable. It has the perk of being tucked in a corner of the park that Log Jammer lacks. While Canyon River Rapids and Diamond Falls are quick ways to cool off, you’ll have to face a long line if you want to enjoy Congo Falls and Log Jammer. Both rides had long waits all day.
spacer.png

Example A: Log Jammer. A solid forty-five minute wait.

spacer.png

Example B: Cobra Falls. Mamba Mountain also had an extremely long wait today, but I braved the 75 minute patience test for one of the best rides at this park. The tunnel is my favorite part.

spacer.png

No matter how great the capacity is for this Arrow monster, you’re going to wait a pretty long time.
spacer.png

Adventure Through Time on the other hand was sending out empty boats. 

spacer.png

We end this busy day back on International Drive. Grizzly Run has brought a lot of popularity to this small midwestern park. With the park growing  I wonder what is in store for 1989. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kings Emporium 1988

On 11/10/2024 at 21:29, LivingBread said:

(Sorry for the long wait y'all. Appreciate the support, I just went on vacation which had no internet access. Hope you guys will enjoy the update)

New for 1988: Grizzly Run - A roller coaster designed by Curtis D Summers, and built by the Dinn Corporation. Race through the trees alongside a mess of twisted wooden track, Splinter through the breeze on the wildest beast in Springfield

spacer.png

July - 1988

Today was this Summer’s busiest day so far. Most of our coasters have queues of at least an hour-long. Our new roller coaster Grizzly Run had a 75 minute wait for me when I first arrived. I never saw it go less than that.

spacer.png

To make way for the new roller coaster, Kings Emporium had to redesign, reconstruct, and reprofile portions of the Exporail. The area for The Country Mills was also expanded. It is a tight fight, but the close interactions with Wildebeast are exhilarating. Tons of near misses. Word on the street is that night rides on Grizzly Run are top class, and at night this is the best ride in the park.
spacer.png

The best part are the sharp turns in the woods. You really feel like you're flying.

spacer.png

My friends and I avoided Excaliber today. The ride is always awesome, but the queue looked unbearable. We opted for multiple rides on Wildebeast instead. This ride’s wait was never over 15 minutes, a perfect ride to marathon. 
spacer.png

Onto our other roller coaster, The Great American Patriot, it is still one of the best coasters in the park, While this roller coaster focuses on drawn out airtime with it’s double out and back layout, Grizzly Run focuses on laterals intertwined with airtime moments. 

spacer.png

Elsewhere in American Grove, Vortex has a reasonable wait. Some people complain about standing up, but I don’t mind the experience. Something about speeding over those airtime hills while being upright is such a unique sensation. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

Scooby Doo is another ride you can walk right on these days, but don’t judge a book by it’s cover. This kiddie roller coaster packs a punch.
spacer.png

We went back over to The Country Mills after some fun in The Grove. Coal Miner is still just as popular as it was when it opened. You’d think that with the addition of Grizzly Run to The Country Mills, that it’d eat up the crowds for other attractions in the area… but nope.

spacer.png

That is unless you’re willing to ride the other family roller coaster/dark-ride hybrid, Wildfire. This classic was a walk on all day, and it’s still just as good as ever. I’ve never had to wait over 10 minutes to ride this ride, and the finale is amazing!

spacer.png

spacer.png

We cooled off on Canyon River Rapids as this wait is always manageable. It has the perk of being tucked in a corner of the park that Log Jammer lacks. While Canyon River Rapids and Diamond Falls are quick ways to cool off, you’ll have to face a long line if you want to enjoy Congo Falls and Log Jammer. Both rides had long waits all day.
spacer.png

Example A: Log Jammer. A solid forty-five minute wait.

spacer.png

Example B: Cobra Falls. Mamba Mountain also had an extremely long wait today, but I braved the 75 minute patience test for one of the best rides at this park. The tunnel is my favorite part.

spacer.png

No matter how great the capacity is for this Arrow monster, you’re going to wait a pretty long time.
spacer.png

Adventure Through Time on the other hand was sending out empty boats. 

spacer.png

We end this busy day back on International Drive. Grizzly Run has brought a lot of popularity to this small midwestern park. With the park growing  I wonder what is in store for 1989. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kings Emporium 1988

A great addition! This seems like they wanted to recreate the sucess of the beast. For my taste the ride was to lateral heavy and just had some mild floater over a few of these hills. 

(sorry for the wait. October has been a really busy month for me)

spacer.png

Today is an important day for Kings Emporium with the introduction of the tallest coaster in the park, The Prowler. At 15 stories tall, this roller coaster might look like a wooden beast, but it’s a steel roller coaster with wooden supports. Brave the near misses, airtime, and laterals of The Prowler.

Right as we opened, I noticed the line for Prowler already picking up. Today is going to be a busy day.

spacer.png

You really get great views of Coal Miner from the top of the lift.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The interaction between Coal Miner brings a new sensation to The Prowler. Also that airtime hill had me flying out of my seat.

spacer.png

This turn has to be the most intense part of the ride. You really get jolted and pinned to the sides of the seat.

spacer.png

They were using two of the three trains today even though personally, I think they should've used all three.

spacer.png

The Prowler really dwarfs Congo Falls

spacer.png

As you can see, The Prowler has made Mamba Mountain a walk on.

spacer.png

Grizzly Run also had short waits. 

spacer.png

Also in the Country Mills, Log Jammer continues to thrill riders. This season it has had to reduce the amount of boats on the track due to mechanical issues.

spacer.png

Wildebeast had a steady flow of people, but mostly was a walk-on throughout the day. Excaliber had the shortest wait i've seen since it has opened.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The shortest wait of today had to be The Vortex. This ride generally doesn't attract much people, but I still enjoy it.

spacer.png

The Great American Patriot had a steady flow of riders. The ride has gotten a little rougher, but it is still a classic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On International Street, lights have been added.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is the 1989 park map to conclude the season

spacer.png

• Awesome 1