'pay - free park / pay - free ride' options

question - so what bearing does the pay park / free rides drop down have on the probability of park visitor's wanting to pay the default price or any price you charge on a ride?

like for example, let's say I pick the option 'free park / pay per pride' option from the drop-down, and I have one of the default prices for the theater is $1.50, would they pay the price?

reason why i i ask is because even when i had the option that they pay the park and pay per ride, they wouldn't even pay 10 cents for a gentle ride, whether it was the merry go round, the train - heck, not even the theater or fun house.

Just curious

8 hours ago, jfox21117 said:

question - so what bearing does the pay park / free rides drop down have on the probability of park visitor's wanting to pay the default price or any price you charge on a ride?

like for example, let's say I pick the option 'free park / pay per pride' option from the drop-down, and I have one of the default prices for the theater is $1.50, would they pay the price?

reason why i i ask is because even when i had the option that they pay the park and pay per ride, they wouldn't even pay 10 cents for a gentle ride, whether it was the merry go round, the train - heck, not even the theater or fun house.

Just curious

There is a penalty with guests with pay to enter park, then pay for rides. I do not like it, to be honest. I personally use free entry to park - pay per ride as I seem to get the most profit from that setup. Just make sure to refurbish the rides frequently (2-3 years) to get the best bang for your profit. Rides also de-value over time, which will take a big hit on profits with pay to enter, pay per ride. The best way to make profit with pay to enter park is not placing Automated Teller Machines (ATM) so you can cycle through guests faster and make a lot of park entry profit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/08/2022 at 14:34, TheKillerChicken said:

There is a penalty with guests with pay to enter park, then pay for rides. I do not like it, to be honest. I personally use free entry to park - pay per ride as I seem to get the most profit from that setup. Just make sure to refurbish the rides frequently (2-3 years) to get the best bang for your profit. Rides also de-value over time, which will take a big hit on profits with pay to enter, pay per ride. The best way to make profit with pay to enter park is not placing Automated Teller Machines (ATM) so you can cycle through guests faster and make a lot of park entry profit.

Seconding the ATM thing, though it's also worth noting that you can do a trick if you need to cycle out guests quickly- a ride with an underground exit leading into a wall will cause guests to despawn, effectively leaving the park, instead of exiting the ride.

EDIT: Assuming that OpenRCT2 acts like the original, anyways. I haven't tested it as of late.

Edited by unmovingjaveline