I want to stream this game on Twitch with OBS.So far I could only it while selecting Monitor Capture. If I set it to Window Capture it won't let me select OpenRTC2. (It does let me select that "black screen program" that starts up as well, but that's not what I want of course.)(I play RTC2 on the 3rd resolution option (= included desktop) because the others are not very useful while streaming (half screen etc))

Yes I did. This is what I got. When I took the screenshot I had 2 programs open, RTC2 and Age of Empires III. As you can see it only shows me the game Age of Empires III and that "black screen program" that shows up if you start OpenRTC2. I can't find OpenRTC2... :(View image

In order for OBS to be able to detect the window with window capture, the app needs to actually run in a window. I normally use XSplit but I just installed OBS to have a look at these problems ppl seem to be having.If you set your options to windowed in game, then do a window capture (the game will no appear in the window list). Set the option bellow the window name to inner window, and tick the compatibility mode. Once u have this done, make sure that OBS captures your small window, and then just press the maximise button in the title bar and u'll have it almost fullscreen. Now this might not work, but I actually had luck switching the game to Fullscreen (desktop) mode and had OBS continue capturing it. Hope this helps

There's a new function in the game!Go to options and enable 'Hardware display'. OBS will now see your game when choosing: Add -> Game capture.The game will be a bit harder on your PC since it has to send all pixels to your gfx card. Things like Steam Overlay will also work now with OpenRCT2.

Thank you both for your comments. I enabled "Hardware Display" and selected Game Capture. That worked! Also Monitor Capture works. The only thing that still doesn't work is Window Capture, but that's not really needed anymore since Game and Monitor Capture both works fine.

One thing I experienced is that if you Tab out, there's a little chance the game will stop working. It crashes. It always happens when I play the normal RTC2, and it's a well known bug. But in OpenRTC2 it can happen too. Is that a bug you are aware of?

One thing I experienced is that if you Tab out, there's a little chance the game will stop working. It crashes. It always happens when I play the normal RTC2, and it's a well known bug. But in OpenRTC2 it can happen too. Is that a bug you are aware of?
No I don't think so... Does is only happen when hardware display is enabled?
No I don't think so... Does is only happen when hardware display is enabled?
To be honest, I only experienced that crash when Hardware Display was disabled. Haven't tested with hardware display enabled yet. I have streamed already a couple of hours, but I just didn't tab out, on purpose because I was scared it would crash. I will test tabbing out while Hardware display is enabled though.