Tracks still show after deletion

This sounds strange but I modified a track and added some scenery then saved it with the same name. The old track was still in the RCT2 track file and the new track in the OpenRCT2 track file. No problem. I deleted the track from the RCT2 track file and it still shows up when I bring up the construct screen. Both tracks still show up, the old one with no scenery and the new one with scenery. I looked in the RCT2 track index file (tracks.idx) and the old track is gone. Where is the game getting the old track from and how do I get rid of the old track. I am currently on build 8efe669.

39 minutes ago, CharlieP said:

This sounds strange but I modified a track and added some scenery then saved it with the same name. The old track was still in the RCT2 track file and the new track in the OpenRCT2 track file. No problem. I deleted the track from the RCT2 track file and it still shows up when I bring up the construct screen. Both tracks still show up, the old one with no scenery and the new one with scenery. I looked in the RCT2 track index file (tracks.idx) and the old track is gone. Where is the game getting the old track from and how do I get rid of the old track. I am currently on build 8efe669.

Have you tried looking in the OpenRCT2 track folder?  It might be there instead. 

When you change/modify any track file taken from the original RCT2 track file, OpenRCT2 saves it in the OpenRCT2 track file but the original track stays in the RCT2 track file. In essence you have 2 track files and both show up. I don't know if this is only happening if you are using v0.0.4 builds but I use v0.0.5 builds,

Checked out tracks.idx file in OpenRCT2 and the old track still shows there "C:\GOG Games\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack\Tracks\tracks\Phryjid.TD6" and the new track "C:\Users\CAP\Documents\OpenRCT2\track\Phryjid.td6"

Edited by CharlieP
additional data