Game crashed, dump linked

We'd rather you reported it on github, like so: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/3281 but here is fine as well, we (mostly @Broxzier and I) sometimes raid the forums scouting for issues.

Please remember to include the commit (build) that dump was generated with or else we won't be able to use it.

Did you have "Show vehicles from other track types" cheat enabled?

Edited by janisozaur
  • Like 1

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Seeing as this is could become a minor annoyance to see bug crashes reported but caused by this issue, maybe it would be a good idea to have an error message pop up when an invalid ride type/operation mode/car selection combination is attempted to be tested or opened? Maybe have it pop up in a similar manner to the "cannot test ride, track is not a complete circuit" message when attempting to test or open an incomplete track, so that it only pops up to the specific player attempting to test/open the invalid ride?

I don't know, maybe it would be time-consuming and inefficient to map out EVERY invalid combination in the code, then it might be a good idea to have the system look for patterns in invalid rides(like go-karts paired with an operation mode other than race mode) to save time.

It's not yet know which combinations cause crashes, furthermore, if you see the issue I linked, there may be cases when rides work properly. I don't know yet how deterministic that is, we can only have suspicions for now.

The cheat is marked as highly experimental for a reason. We will continue working on it for 0.0.5.