Drievliet Rebuild

Hi All,

For Education purposes we are making a module in which students will also use RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 as a management competition game.

For this we would like to have the amusement park Drievliet as a reference, a small family park in the Netherlands, for which the goal is that students expand or develop this park to a higher level. In the download section I can not find the park lay-out.

Is there somebody who would be willing to build this park? As a school we don't have budget, but I would like to make it as realistic as possible. Otherwize I will try to make something, but for what I've seen I'm far from the level some of you guys have...

Hopefully somebody is willing to help 🙂 for reference, the park is in attached file.

Regards Joery

Plattegrond_Drievliet.pdf.html

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hello, I would have loved it if we did a project of this kind at school. Rollercoaster tycoon 2 is really a great choice for such a module. I've sadly never bine to Drievliet. So maybe I am not the best person for that. You could ask on the deurklink discord server.

Edited by BEplayer
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I know Drievliet very good, I'm from the Netherlands and I even worked there in 2003 and 2012.

WerkDrievlietPiraat.thumb.jpg.956ad1213570f3946c4ab37aa455b693.jpg

I'm not sure if I be able to build it, it's in my mind for quite some time to build that park, but I never found the time nor the inspiration. I can make a start, but I can't garantee that it's done on a short time, because I like to build my parks in on my own speed and in my own way...There was a download for that park once, and I still have it on my pc, but I can't get it to work because there are missing objects. So at this moment I can't get it to work. I'll include the park here, maybe you are more lucky and can you actually open this park somehow.

Like I said, I will make a small start for the park, but no garantees ;)

You're the park-map you provided didn't worked...Here's another on, hope that that one will work.

Plattegrond_Drievliet.pdf Drievliet.SC6

Edited by DriverKaldie
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2024 at 17:29, Dubaifreak said:

Yeah, that's terrible. I hope RCTHolland will be back, i miss the fun stuff i downloaded from RCTHolland.

On 23/05/2024 at 17:33, Dajoek said:

Hi All,

For this we would like to have the amusement park Drievliet as a reference, a small family park in the Netherlands, for which the goal is that students expand or develop this park to a higher level.

Is there somebody who would be willing to build this park?

Hopefully somebody is willing to help 🙂

Regards Joery

Plattegrond_Drievliet.pdf.html 1.2 kB · 26 downloads

Well, I'm quite sure RCTHolland doesn't come back Dubaifreak.

Did a little digging on my old hard-drive wich wasn't connected to my pc for a long time and I did find two very simple builds of two Dutch parks...I think those came from RCTHolland as well. It's Drievliet and the Efteling.

I would never build those parks that way, because with a lot of time and effort I can do better than this, but here are no better versions as far as I know. I have never seen a beautifull version of Drievliet, but I found the one attached here. Like I said, I will try to build that park myself, but don't know how long that will take. At least, for referance, here's a version of the park wich shows a little bit how it's done, so I hope that this will help Joery.

As a bonus I include The Efteling as well, that I also found long time ago. I did see a lot of beautifull buils of sections of the Efteling on Ned-Designs by far better builders then me, like the Python, the Piranha, Baron 1898 and the old Bob and they really look beautifull, but never a complete (and beautifull) version of the park.

By the way...Speaking of nedesign, I can't open that page now for several days. When I try to get to www.nedesign.com I get a "504 Gateway Time-out". It almost looks like the site is offline...Does anybody know what's going on there ?

De Efteling.park Drievliet.park

Edited by DriverKaldie
forgot to mention something
  • Like 2

Hi thanks for all the replies and help. Meanwhile I made a simple version of the park as well, however when I open on a different computer also with my recently made park it sais there are missing items.

In my opinion I downloaded on both systems the same game and openrct version, so it is a bit strange... Does anyone know which items I should delete?

Regards,

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-13 at 08.06.53.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dajoek said:

Hi thanks for all the replies and help. Meanwhile I made a simple version of the park as well, however when I open on a different computer also with my recently made park it sais there are missing items.

In my opinion I downloaded on both systems the same game and openrct version, so it is a bit strange... Does anyone know which items I should delete?

Regards,

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-13 at 08.06.53.jpeg

I think I know which objects are missing. In the most recent update the open rct2 developers added new wooden support walls. Maybe the game on the PC on which you recreated the park has the update installed, while the other PC is still on an older version.  I mean this update: 

On 06/06/2024 at 23:50, DriverKaldie said:

Well, I'm quite sure RCTHolland doesn't come back Dubaifreak.

Did a little digging on my old hard-drive wich wasn't connected to my pc for a long time and I did find two very simple builds of two Dutch parks...I think those came from RCTHolland as well. It's Drievliet and the Efteling.

I would never build those parks that way, because with a lot of time and effort I can do better than this, but here are no better versions as far as I know. I have never seen a beautifull version of Drievliet, but I found the one attached here. Like I said, I will try to build that park myself, but don't know how long that will take. At least, for referance, here's a version of the park wich shows a little bit how it's done, so I hope that this will help Joery.

As a bonus I include The Efteling as well, that I also found long time ago. I did see a lot of beautifull buils of sections of the Efteling on Ned-Designs by far better builders then me, like the Python, the Piranha, Baron 1898 and the old Bob and they really look beautifull, but never a complete (and beautifull) version of the park.

By the way...Speaking of nedesign, I can't open that page now for several days. When I try to get to www.nedesign.com I get a "504 Gateway Time-out". It almost looks like the site is offline...Does anybody know what's going on there ?

De Efteling.park 786.75 kB · 17 downloads Drievliet.park 862.31 kB · 18 downloads

Thanks a lot! This Drievliet park is already a lot better then the one I made myself 🙂. One small issue that I can not get fixed... One of the challenges in the game for our education at the Drievliet project is that the park is small of course and does not have the opportunity to grow (because the city is build around it). The Drievliet map is quite big. I would like to narrow the border in the final scenario, but I am unable to manage. Does anyone know if this is possible still? 

13 hours ago, Dajoek said:

Thanks a lot! This Drievliet park is already a lot better then the one I made myself 🙂. One small issue that I can not get fixed... One of the challenges in the game for our education at the Drievliet project is that the park is small of course and does not have the opportunity to grow (because the city is build around it). The Drievliet map is quite big. I would like to narrow the border in the final scenario, but I am unable to manage. Does anyone know if this is possible still? 

In wich Drievliet do you mean that about growing...Do you mean in your own park, or the one in the download ?

In either way, if you enter the sandbox mode you can make the boundries of the park smaller, so it can not grow bigger.

• Like 1