Cant connect to new server

My wife is on pc 1 and created a server with the default port, and I am on a laptop and cant find it in the list. both of our ips are the same because we are on the same network. her local ip is 192.168.2.12 and mine is .13It wont show up, tried to connect to her ip and the port, and also her cant connect with her local ip.How do I get this to work?Both os is Windows 7, I went to the windows firewall advanced and added the ports to allow for that port. I am using bell fibe. any suggestions? I see other peoples servers.

As long as you want to play local, you have to use the local ips (192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x, depending on your local network configuration)If you haven't changed the port setting on the server side, you should be able to just enter the IP without port number on the client and it should work.If you want to connect to your server over the internet, you'll need to configure port forwarding for the used port to the used local ip address. I can't explain that any better since that's different for each router/provider...