headless server admin

50 minutes ago, cascadia said:

Use settings when you're setting up the server and game to set the default group to Admin, join the server, and change the default group to whatever you want.

thanks for the replay

can i set the default group from the command line or in a config ?

if i join the server i cant change or build anything

There should be (perhaps only after you've first launched a server) a set of json files, where you can set such options. The one you're looking for is either groups.json or multiplayer.json, don't remember right now. Look also at my post on reddit from 1 or 2 months ago about new permissions system being merged.

4 hours ago, janisozaur said:

There should be (perhaps only after you've first launched a server) a set of json files, where you can set such options. The one you're looking for is either groups.json or multiplayer.json, don't remember right now. Look also at my post on reddit from 1 or 2 months ago about new permissions system being merged.

The groups (permissions assigned to them, names and default group) are stored in groups.cfg in user-data-path (alongside config.ini) in binary format.

is what the reddit post says

my user-data-path is "~/.config/OpenRCT2"

but there is no groups.cfg or json

i am using https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openrct2/

when i try the git version i get " Unknown failure (3) while authenticating client "