OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
ziscor

Pirate Themed Music = Drunken Sailor!

So I just realised like the title says, that the Pirate Theme from RCT2 is actually a rendition of the popular sea shanty and Irish folk song Drunken Sailor. Did everyone know about this? O.o

All the merry-go-round music is not done by Allister, there is also very few themes for regular game sounds from others. Pirates is probably one of like 2 or 3, not sure atm.

Every song in game is called 'Song' style Example: Fairground Organ Style, Modern Style, Pirate Style, Urban Style E.T.C. This is likely to reflect the idea that each song is to fit a style of ride. It's actually understandable that you got it mixed up since you style rides with themeing.

There is actually only 4 songs not done by Allister Brimble and aren't part of Fairground Organ Style. Pirate Style (Drunken Sailor), Organ Style (Toccata - Charles-Marie Widor), Fantasy Style (Flight of Fantasy - Steve Blenkinsopp), Ragtime Style (Searchlight Rag - Scott Joplin). Every other style is created by Allister, but every Fairground Organ song is not.

Edited by imlegos
  • Like 1

I should also note that Rock Style 3 was not made for RCT, but rather a PS1 game called Drive I think it was. It is still made by Allister though.

And Modern Style (Techno Torture) was made for RCT2, as it predates Chris Sawyer's Locomotion by 2 years. The song was extended and modified for Locomotion though, to change it from a loop to a full song.